• Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2009 10:52:33 AM

Hi, I just updated my HP Pavilion 1028us laptop with Windows 7 and I now want to update the graphics card to. For my computer what would I be able to buy that would run these three games that I currently play fine as of now but I would like to play with most if not all of the graphic options of the game on high.

I play

Aion
Final Fantasy XI
Guild Wars

Not looking into getting to deep with the price but if someone could give me a scale off the top of their head as to high, medium and low priced that would be awesome. :D  I tried looking into it myself and called HP but they just want me to shell out more cash to them.. No help really. lol

More about : gaming laptop graphics card

a b U Graphics card
December 16, 2009 11:25:24 AM

Quote:
Hi, I just updated my HP Pavilion 1028us laptop with Windows 7 and I now want to update the graphics card to. For my computer what would I be able to buy that would run these three games that I currently play fine as of now but I would like to play with most if not all of the graphic options of the game on high.

I play

Aion
Final Fantasy XI
Guild Wars

Not looking into getting to deep with the price but if someone could give me a scale off the top of their head as to high, medium and low priced that would be awesome. :D  I tried looking into it myself and called HP but they just want me to shell out more cash to them.. No help really. lol

You can't update the GPU of a laptop. The GPU is soldered onto the motherboard.
m
l
December 16, 2009 11:44:43 AM

You either buy a Gaming Laptop from the factory or you're stuck forever with the same system till you buy another one...
m
l
Related resources
a c 197 U Graphics card
December 16, 2009 1:00:02 PM

Yes, u right guys... :) 
m
l
a c 247 D Laptop
a c 170 U Graphics card
December 16, 2009 2:44:56 PM

Yes you can't upgrade the VGA on that laptop,there are few laptops which allow upgrading VGA
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
December 16, 2009 4:52:34 PM

That is the problem with laptops, they are ment to be mobile not upgradable. The only laptops that have upgradable video are VERY expensive and the upgrade cards are VERY VERY expensive.

Upgrading graphics on a laptop basically means, buy a new laptop. The video is build on the board or a proprietary daughter board at the very least. This is why most gamers that have limited budgets stick to custom or standard desktops, they are cheaper to maintain and upgrade.
m
l
January 10, 2010 8:07:16 PM

THANKS GUYS..
m
l