GA-P55A-UD3 Bios Issue

kmorris_99

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Completed new build, and while installing a few games I did a quick check on my Computer Base Score (Windows 7 64-bit, COntrol Panel). I noticed that my score for both Graphics and Gaming Graphics is a 1.0!
I installed a ASUS EAH 5770 graphics card in the PCIex16 slot on the MoBo. The power connection is hooked up. I have an ASUS LCD monitor hooked up to the 5770 via a DVI port.
Could it be that the MoBo is not recognizing the 5770, and is instead utilizing the integrated graphics?
I have looked in the BIOS and I can not find where there is an option to disable the integrated graphics. What should my next move be? Thank you for any and all help with this issue!

Solution
Windows Experience Index - just type 'WEI' into your search bar, then click on 'Check the Windows Experience Index' - also the first thing that pops up when you click on "Performance Information and Tools" in the Control Panel, which is likely how you saw it - must click on 'Run the Assessment' to get valid numbers...

kmorris_99

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

Thank you for the reply, bilbat!
How embarrassing! What a noob! No integrated graphics... hmmmm.... :pt1cable:
Ok, so obviously the graphics card is working.
What is WEI? The check that I ran was somewhere in the COntrol Panel. I can't find it there now, though.
IS there a diagnostic feature that I can run that tells me what is and isn't working? Is that what WEI is? Again, thank you for the assist!

bilbat

Splendid
Windows Experience Index - just type 'WEI' into your search bar, then click on 'Check the Windows Experience Index' - also the first thing that pops up when you click on "Performance Information and Tools" in the Control Panel, which is likely how you saw it - must click on 'Run the Assessment' to get valid numbers...

Solution

kmorris_99

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

Thanks bilbat! I just re-ran it (I could've sworn I clicked on "run" the first time) and the numbers come up as 7.1 now for the graphics. You are awesome!

bilbat

Splendid
Always
welcomeho.gif
!