Solved

GA-P55A-UD3 Bios Issue

Completed new build, and while installing a few games I did a quick check on my Computer Base Score (Windows 7 64-bit, COntrol Panel). I noticed that my score for both Graphics and Gaming Graphics is a 1.0!
I installed a ASUS EAH 5770 graphics card in the PCIex16 slot on the MoBo. The power connection is hooked up. I have an ASUS LCD monitor hooked up to the 5770 via a DVI port.
Could it be that the MoBo is not recognizing the 5770, and is instead utilizing the integrated graphics?
I have looked in the BIOS and I can not find where there is an option to disable the integrated graphics. What should my next move be? Thank you for any and all help with this issue!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about p55a bios issue
  1. You don't have integrated graphics - are you talking about the WEI? Have you run the assessment? You won't get a score until after you run it...
  2. bilbat said:
    You don't have integrated graphics - are you talking about the WEI? Have you run the assessment? You won't get a score until after you run it...

Thank you for the reply, bilbat!
    How embarrassing! What a noob! No integrated graphics... hmmmm.... :pt1cable:
    Ok, so obviously the graphics card is working.
    What is WEI? The check that I ran was somewhere in the COntrol Panel. I can't find it there now, though.
    IS there a diagnostic feature that I can run that tells me what is and isn't working? Is that what WEI is? Again, thank you for the assist!
  3. Best answer
    Windows Experience Index - just type 'WEI' into your search bar, then click on 'Check the Windows Experience Index' - also the first thing that pops up when you click on "Performance Information and Tools" in the Control Panel, which is likely how you saw it - must click on 'Run the Assessment' to get valid numbers...
  4. bilbat said:
    Windows Experience Index - just type 'WEI' into your search bar, then click on 'Check the Windows Experience Index' - also the first thing that pops up when you click on "Performance Information and Tools" in the Control Panel, which is likely how you saw it - must click on 'Run the Assessment' to get valid numbers...

Thanks bilbat! I just re-ran it (I could've sworn I clicked on "run" the first time) and the numbers come up as 7.1 now for the graphics. You are awesome!
  5. Best answer selected by kmorris_99.
  6. Always !
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Graphics Motherboards