Ordering tonight - Please review

drunkensunday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
I mostly watch DVD rips and HD content. I haven't "gamed" since BF2, but would like to get back into it. The hard drive is temporary untill I get my SSD in a month. All other parts not listed I already have. For now it will soley be displayed on a 46" 120hrz LCD via HDMI. However once I get back into gaming, I will buy a nice high res 24" monitor.

I am ordering my new build tonight. Any last minute thoughts? Here's what I came up with after much research. Total $760 including shipping. I would like to stay under $800 including shipping and before rebates.

ne.png

Spend the extra $15 and pick up a Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB. It's one of the best HDDs available, and is really cheap.

Switch the Ripjaws for some G.Skill Eco 1333mhz CAS 7. It will be as faster, use less power and be cheaper.

You could save a little off the cost by switch out the modular PSU for a regular one.

drunkensunday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
Whitefang - I really don't want to go down in quality though...

MadAdmiral - The F3 is sold out.....would you trust an open box? Open box is in stock....and as far as the memory, I was looking at those, but I hate buying things with no reviews. Do you own them?

drunkensunday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
But doesn't the 4890 outperform the 5770?
As far as the case goes... my last build 2 1/2 years ago was with that case. I loved it! BUT it was loud and bright. Plus I need a case that can go on my media stand under my tv.

RRRRRR! Thought I just about had this figured out, now I'm very confused...

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
DONT BE
yes the 4890 is better but doesn't have dx11,
ok i guess U NEED that case, but just go with the PSU i told...THAT IS IT JUST ANOTHER PSU THAT IS IT............GO ORDER DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

boljack

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
I have that case and I strongly suggest that you stick with modular psu as the gap between the psu and optical drive are very space limited and you won't have much problem hiding those extra cables that you don't need. It is also very small but well desinged case as you won't have problem putting long graphic card. My 9800gtx fits easily.