Sign in with
Your question

ACER ASPIRE M1610

Last response: in Motherboards
July 4, 2010 4:41:38 AM

hi there i am not sure if this is the right place to ask but i got a used ACER ASPIRE M1610 but the hdd was broken so i had to reinstall everything and it mostly works fine now but i cannot find the ethernet drivers anywhere and the ones on acer driver site dont seem to work or maby i am doing somthing wrong. please help if you can

More about : acer aspire m1610

July 4, 2010 6:11:29 AM

That could be a broken ethernet port. I've had that problem on countless Dell computers. Buy a cheap as chips ethernet card, that'll sort it out.
July 4, 2010 1:09:25 PM

i have noticed that all the ethernet cards come with a plug for a network cable will this item still work using a wireless usb connection ?
Related resources
July 4, 2010 1:50:48 PM

...okay, while that made little sense to me, I'll continue to try to help.

Ethernet cards will NOT stop wireless from working, or the reverse either.

If you have a USB Wireless Adapter, and a wireless network, you can use that instead of the ethernet port. If you want to use an ethernet cable, and the port isn't working, a cheap ethernet card will allow you to continue using the cable connection.
July 4, 2010 4:59:02 PM

ummmmmmmm well it seems that the internet would not work on it and the ethernet driver was missing (the pc is using a wirless usb adaptor to connect) but i have got it too work with a gigabyte am2+ mobo driver disc (dont know why thats working)
July 4, 2010 5:01:33 PM

Well, if it's working now, that's a good sign.
!