• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on how you use it

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • no comment

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Yes definitely yes.
I was considering to replace my pc with a newer proc, RAM and mobo...as I find it slow as hell...but only after paying a closer look to the system, I found that the proc is waiting for the HDD...
Now, I bought an SSD...programs loaded 10x faster and boot time+startup programs loading is down from several minutes to somewhere under 10sec...
and in games e.g. loading time for Skyrim is reduced drastically...

Please note that adding an SSD will not improve your fps in games :)

nutmanmatt

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Yo guys keep the reply's coming! lol reason i did this was kinda like a question because i am considering putting a ssd in my next build around Christmas looking like i will go for it :D

Reaikoz

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
I have recently came across an article saying that Kingstone says that adoption of Solid State drives (SSD) will improve in 2012, all due to the dropping prices of NAND flash.

You better wait until early months of next year, you will definitely save lots of cash and the SSD will be wroth at that time.

You could even buy two pieces of SSD's for the price of how much they cost right now.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

After you get one you will wonder why you waited so long.

groberts101

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
Yep.. I'm with Homeboy on that one.

I highly suggest that anyone who has not seen or tried an SSD should go to the local Best Buy, Microcenter, CompUSA and rent one for a 30 day trial run to see if it's worth it.

After you use one for 2 weeks and then boot to the regular spinner drive again?.. you'll never go back to return the SSD. Hell.. I'd even put one in a PS3,.. if I had one to install an SSD into. LOL