Sign in with
Your question

P7p55d-e vga led stays on

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2010 5:36:57 AM

I just built (or tried to) a machine with an Asus P7p55d-e motherboard, Intel i5-655K proc, G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram, Antec 750 watt PSU and an MSI RS770 ATI video card.

Problem is the board won't boot. It flashes CPU LED, then RAM LED three times in sequence, then hits VGA LED and stops with the VGA LED on.

I've tried taking out the ram, then I get audible (one long two short) warning and RAM LED on.

I've tried different GPU's one known good ATI, on e known good Nvidia, no luck.

I've reseated CPU.

I've reset CMOS for each test.

Everything disconnected but CPU, RAM and GPU, still VGA light comes on and stays, regardless of where GPU is, or whether it is present.

Anyone have ideas, or advice?

Greatly appreciated, thanks all!

More about : p7p55d vga led stays

a c 135 V Motherboard
July 4, 2010 7:25:33 AM

Have you tried testing your card in the second PCI-E slot ?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 4, 2010 3:21:20 PM

Maziar said:
Have you tried testing your card in the second PCI-E slot ?

Yes, I have tried all three cards is the second slot as well. Exactly the same response, the LED's flash in sequence: CPU and RAM three times each, then VGA LED comes on and stays lit, nothing else occurs.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 11:04:18 PM

bump
m
l
a c 135 V Motherboard
July 6, 2010 10:37:18 AM

Can you test with another PSU/Motherboard ? i think either your PSU is failing to give power to the system or your motherboard is defective
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 6, 2010 5:15:59 PM

Maziar said:
Can you test with another PSU/Motherboard ? i think either your PSU is failing to give power to the system or your motherboard is defective

Mazier,
Thanks again for the reply. I am going to RMA the board, I did test the power supply, though on an older rig with much lower power requirements. It works flawlessly on that configuration.
m
l
!