Sign in with
Your question

Won't get past boot screen HELP!

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
December 17, 2009 2:04:55 AM

Im running windows 7 ultimate x64
Whenever i turn my computer on, It says " Windows is starting up" but the animated logo never appears and it doesn't go past that screen till i do a restart. When i do the restart i enter "Start windows normally" and it works fine.

I have done a system restore, updated all the drivers. I don't really know what the problem is.

More about : past boot screen

December 17, 2009 2:16:58 AM

Try to do a repair install.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 17, 2009 2:44:27 AM

Already have, Twice it told me that it was unsuccessful and once it said it was successful but it didn't work.

I'm thinking at this point i should just do a clean install, Since i only installed it a couple of days back no data would be really lost.
m
l
Related resources
December 17, 2009 2:49:46 AM

Have you tried going to the recovery console and doing a 'fixMBR' and bootcfg rebuild?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 17, 2009 2:53:01 AM

nekko said:
Have you tried going to the recovery console and doing a 'fixMBR' and bootcfg rebuild?

I don't think Recovery Console was included in Windows 7, I think it was more of a feature in Windows XP.
m
l
December 17, 2009 2:57:07 AM

Oh whoops, sorry forgot you said that^^ :( 

Hmm... Are you holding the power button to shutdown the computer ever?
m
l
December 17, 2009 2:59:16 AM

Which option did you select on this screen...

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 17, 2009 2:59:24 AM

nekko said:
Oh whoops, sorry forgot you said that^^ :( 

Hmm... Are you holding the power button to shutdown the computer ever?

Well, When i turn it on it says "Starting Windows" etc etc but the animation doesn't show and it just sits like that until restart then it gives me the choice of "Starting windows with basic defaults" or whatever and then it works fine.
m
l
December 17, 2009 3:05:34 AM

Try to follow these steps and see what you can get (boot from win7 install disk)

*Pictures from overclock.net
m
l
December 17, 2009 3:07:48 AM

Also, has this just started happening, or what? When did it start, any changes to the system settings, etc before this happened. Anything?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 17, 2009 3:35:21 AM

Sorry for the late reply, It happened just a couple of days ago. I don't know why but im going to try and repair it with the installation disc but its gonna take a couple of minutes. Thank you heaps though.
m
l
December 17, 2009 3:41:58 AM

Your welcome.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 17, 2009 3:43:34 AM

nekko said:
Your welcome.

I've ran the Recovery Console through the disc, Didn't make any difference.
I'm just going to start over with a clean install.

Thanks again.
m
l
!