Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First time build..too hot?

Last response: in Systems
December 17, 2009 2:51:44 AM

Assembled my pc for the first time. Booted right up into bios with no issues. everything seems in order accept the CPU temp is sitting at 91 degrees. Isn't this too hot for just running bios?

I am running an asrock motherboard with the 785g chipset and a AMD Athlon II X3 425 Rana 2.7GHz CPU. I used the thermal compound that was already on the included heatsink. When I installed the heatsink, I made sure I pressed down and twisted slightly (very) side to side.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

More about : time build hot

December 17, 2009 2:55:08 AM

Yes way to hot!

Did you make sure the surface was clean before installing the compound? Have you tried any other compound such as AS5? And is the processor installed in the socket perfectly? Also did you remove any plastic or sticker that may have been on the bottom of the heatsink?
m
l
December 17, 2009 2:58:30 AM

didn't clean it but did remove all plastic. The CPU did drop in place perfectly and I made sure it was in the right way.

crap, I guess I have to pull it off and scrape off the thermal compound and apply some AS5 then?
m
l
Related resources
December 17, 2009 3:00:51 AM

thats Fahrenheit temp by the way.
m
l

Best solution

December 17, 2009 3:08:52 AM

jranaudo said:
thats Fahrenheit temp by the way.

Then no not at all, your fine! Thats absolutely perfect for a stock heatsink and thermal compound.

Thats only 32.77° Celsius so you are okay
December 17, 2009 3:10:33 AM

SWEET! Thanks. Couldn't have done it without these forums help! Got some tweaking to do now.
m
l
December 17, 2009 3:11:54 AM

The best answer button would be appreciated to anyone on the forum if they helped you with your problem :) 

Glad I could help!
m
l
December 17, 2009 3:14:45 AM

done!
m
l
December 17, 2009 3:19:08 AM

jranaudo said:
done!

Thank you kind sir, if you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask. Everyone here will be glad to help you in any way that they can and at a timely manner.

m
l
!