Grimjt

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Hi all. Need some help please.

Just installed latest drivers for my GPU which NVidia said I didn't already have. I've done this and now everything in out of proportion. The background is now tiny and the windows seem further away than they are meant to be. The background only fills the centre of my view and there is a black strip around it.

How do I uninstall the recent driver I just installed back to my old?
What else can I do?

Thanks very much.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
you don't need to uninstall the driver. It is probably your monitors settings. Verify that the resolution of your screen is set to the native resolution of your monitor and then make sure you hit the "auto refresh" or "auto adjust" button/menu option on your monitor. Let us know if that works or not.

Grimjt

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009

Yeah, I've pressed the Auto-Adjustment button and nothing seems to change. I also right-clicked on the desktop onto the NVidia control panel and the resolution is set at the 'Native Resolution'.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
You're set to 1440 x 900? How are you connecting your Video card to the monitor? are you using a DVI to VGA Adapter? I really am not sure why it would show up like that, but I think that would be your monitor rather than your video drivers... I guess rolling back to the previous drivers might not be a bad idea, but I would mess more with the monitor settings first.
You might also try updating your monitor driver.

Grimjt

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009

1440x900 is the resolution, yes. VGA-PC display connector.

Can you tell me how to uninstall my current version and back to the previous? I really shouldn't of messed with it.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Well, there should be an Nvidia menu in your start menu with an "uninstall" option, or you can uninstall it from the "add/remove programs" list. You generally ought to reboot into safe-mode and run a driver-sweeper, but you might be able to get away without that to see if it works.

Rt click on desktop....select properties / settings or resolution....make sure that is right.

What is small ? the programs you open or the background.....sometimes when updating drivers you ahve to reset your screen backgound image to stretch

Rt click on desktop....select desktop....stretch

Grimjt

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
I have large areas of space that shouldn't be there. I tried the adjust font size (DPI) but the option is gave me (120) was too large but default (96) is too small.

69860091.jpg

What can I do?

Grimjt

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Can someone help me with my Monitor settings? I still can't get the right settings, the whole desktop is smaller than it used to. Is there anyway to reset monitor settings?