Where do I connect the case fans to?

tiernbop

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Building a new system with:

Antec Three Hundred

GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P

OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V

And I can't quite figure out where to plug in the extra case fans, that come stock on the three hundred case. They appear to be molex cables off the fan, and my board has a 3 pin and a 4 pin opening. None of the cables that came with the PSU, appear to be a match, thus me asking the quesiton. Does anyone know of, or know of a site that shows how to connect the case fans to power?

Thanks.

Solution
Like I said before, most Antec case fans don't have 3 or 4 pin connectors.
The reason behind this is that they come with a speed switch already and don't
need to be controlled by the motherboard.
You need to plug them into the molex connectors coming out of your power supply.
You can't plug them into the motherboard unless you go buy some molex to 3 pin adapters.
Does that answer your question?

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Antec is known for this. You need either a molex to 3 pin adapter or plug the fans into a molex power connector. It's not a big deal to not plug the fans into the motherboard. If you want, you can get a fan controller.

tiernbop

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

I did, and no where does it mention what to do with Molex connectors. The mobo essentially says where to connect a 3-pin, or 4-pin, and the case just says to connect them to the mobo.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Like I said before, most Antec case fans don't have 3 or 4 pin connectors.
The reason behind this is that they come with a speed switch already and don't
need to be controlled by the motherboard.
You need to plug them into the molex connectors coming out of your power supply.
You can't plug them into the motherboard unless you go buy some molex to 3 pin adapters.
Does that answer your question?

Solution