Sign in with
Your question

Best setup for startup animation studio ??

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Studio
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 17, 2009 7:19:39 AM

Hi All

I am starting a animation studio in India and would like suggestions/recommendations/advice on the setup of the PC'S

Firstly are MAC'S the way to go especially since i would be using softwares like MAYA , photoshop , 3DS max ??

I have been suggested Intel i5 configs with Intel P55 D motherboards /4 gb ddr3 / Graphics ATI RADEON HD 5750/5770 cards

I have a budget of around 1200 $ on each system ? Any suggestions on the above or better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

More about : setup startup animation studio

December 17, 2009 12:53:02 PM

There's no point in getting a Mac unless you feel like throwing away money. Okey, might be smart if you were using final cut pro or anything else that only runs on os x. Though, you won't have much luck with 3ds max on os x. ;) 

Obviously, i7 would be ideal because of its hyper-threading but I've no idea what the prices in India are.
If it blows your budget an i5 is totally fine as well.
As for the motherboard, you can't go wrong with either Gigabyte, MSI or Asus.
4 gigs of RAM are fine but 8 is better.
5750 is all you need.
December 17, 2009 1:51:51 PM

What e-store are you shopping at? Do you play games on PC? Which ones?
Related resources
December 22, 2009 4:50:05 AM

Cheers 1898 .. thanks for that ...
Yeh dont think ill be using FCP to actually go in for a mac ...
heard a lot af the i7 processors ... prices are just within my budget .. .
Do you have any recommendations for the Motherboard ? Any models in specific to go with the i7 processors ?
December 22, 2009 4:50:42 AM

Cheers 1898 .. thanks for that ...
Yeh dont think ill be using FCP to actually go in for a mac ...
heard a lot af the i7 processors ... prices are just within my budget .. .
Do you have any recommendations for the Motherboard ? Any models in specific to go with the i7 processors ?
December 22, 2009 10:48:58 AM

There isn't much of a difference between the ASUS P6T SE, MSI X58 Pro-E or GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R for example. I'd probably go with the cheapest one.
!