HDMI with 5850 - HELP!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Drivers
  • HDMI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2009 8:48:28 PM

Okay I'm on the verge of freaking out. Got my computer build thrown together. Try to hook up directly HDMI...No luck... So I figure I need to boot with other hook up and get drivers to make it work. Get all the drivers then try it again, no luck. I can't seem to find anywhere in my settings that would make it work magically and I can't find anyone else having the same issue so I have nothing to reference or go on with how to get it working. Please help :( 

More about : hdmi 5850

December 16, 2009 9:16:29 PM

We can't help you if you don't list your computer specifications, etc. Also, please explain your situation in more detail because right now I don't have a clue what you are talking about except that HDMI doesn't work.

What TV or monitor are you hooking it up to? What version of Windows are you using? What driver versions are you using? We need these kind of answers from you.
m
l
December 16, 2009 9:55:48 PM

Win 7 64 bit
Intel i5 - chipset up to date drivers
Sapphire ATi 5850 up to date drivers from there website

Monitor/TV is my 40" Samsung 1080p LCD.

Have a picture through VGA but had intentions on running HDMI to have video and sound.

Plug the HDMI in to the back of my video card and ran it straight to TV and my reciever to try both ways. No luck at all. They don't pick up any signal at all and I know this because when I change my input it skips HDMI when it shouldn't. I'll plug something else via HDMI and then I'll have that as a source.

I'm not sure if there is a setting I'm missing or what... Just really frustrating :pfff: 
m
l
December 16, 2009 10:01:00 PM

Nevermind. I just tried a different HDMI cable and it worked... STUPID me for not trying that a long time ago. /thread
m
l
!