Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Building a gaming computer- questions about crossfire motherboard

Last response: in Systems
December 17, 2009 1:45:49 PM

I have an AMD be quadcore 3.6ghz processor, 2 sticks of really fat heat synced RAM, and an HD5770.. I'm looking into getting a mobo with crossfire, not sure if it's worth getting though, and if it can fit 2 HD5770's, as well as the 2 giant RAM sticks Sound card etc... Input would be helpful! thanks.
December 17, 2009 1:52:42 PM

Which socket is this processor?
m
l
December 17, 2009 2:03:09 PM

Am3 ? i believe if thats what you're asking lol..
m
l

Best solution

December 17, 2009 2:15:40 PM

Yes, was exactly what I was looking for. Now I would suggest, if your parts are as big as you make them out to be, then stick with an ATX motherboard. It will give you more room to play. Also, I'm about 99% certain that your ram will not interfere with your graphics or sound cards. One thing that you might be interested in looking at is a board that allows dual x16 bandwidth on the PCI-E 2.0 slots, but these are generally more expensive. There is a list here at newegg of boards that should work just fine for you, so now it depends on how much you want to spend and what brands you prefer. Myself I would suggest ASUS or GIGABYTE, but that's because they're the only two manufacturers that I've had experience with and I like them. Perhaps others can give you some more insight.
Related resources
!