Closed Solved

LG Philips LCD LP121X04 alternate usage (weird, I know)

Okay, so here's the situation. I used to have an old iBook, but it died, and I took it apart (this was years ago), and I kept the parts that still worked. Well I'm working on something, and it'd be nice if I could put this LCD screen to use. Like I said, it's an LG Philips LCD LP121X04 from an iBook. So the reason I'm posting here is, what do I need to get this thing running? My hopes are to some how wire some form of usable video plug (any will do, I have adapters all over the place if it's one that doesn't meet my needs). Also (obviously) I need to provide it with power.

I feel like I'm making a fool of myself by forgetting something extremely obvious here, but it's late, and I had a long day, so you'll have to excuse any ignorance I may have shown here.

Thanks in advance,
-mono
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about philips lp121x04 alternate usage weird know
  1. I'm sorry to interfere in the matter. I am hobbyist and if you still have no use of the LCD, I would be interest to have it. Thank you for your attention. Sincere greetings!
  2. gimel567 said:
    I'm sorry to interfere in the matter. I am hobbyist and if you still have no use of the LCD, I would be interest to have it. Thank you for your attention. Sincere greetings!

It's okay, you haven't interfered at all, however I have several uses for the LCD myself, I just don't know HOW to go about using it, and any information you could provide on the matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
  3. Best answer
    You need to use an LCD controller kit like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Controller-board-DIY-laptop-a-desktop-monitor-/280736214020

I have the same LCD model and got it working with the kit in the link above. However, you will first have to send the seller a message to program the board for the LG LP121X04! This kit also needs a 4A, 12V power supply unit.

Good luck!
  4. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
  5. Best answer selected by monodemono.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Philips LCD Graphics