Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
  • Motherboards
  • Triple Channel
Last response: in Memory
July 5, 2010 12:20:14 PM

Please help me to set up the best performance for my computer

First, I have the ASUS P6X58D-E LGA Intel X58 Intel Motherboard that support triple channel memory. Then, I bought 1 set of triple channel G.skill Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Cas Latency 9 Timing 9-9-9-27-2N Voltage 1.6V

and 1 set of dual channel OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Cas Latency 9 Timing 9-9-9-30 Voltage 1.65V dual channel. So totally I have 5 sticks of ram.

However, 1 stick of G.skill ram is defective. and I already returned that ram for replacement. It will take 2 months for me to receive a new one(since I'm oversea).

While waiting for the replacement, I really want to use 4 sticks of working ram for my computer. so how do i setup these rams to achieve the best performance of my computer? . (I presume to runs at 1600mhz instead of 2000mhz), my motherboard has A1/B1/C1 and A2/B2/C2 RAM SLOT.

After that when I received the replacement, how do I change the setting of 5 sticks ram to achieve the best performance. (I really don't want to spend more money for the extra ram to full up 6 lots)

Please help me in detail for the setting because I'm not really good on this.
I'm really appreciated for any helps, forgive me for my bad Computer skill.
thanks

More about : question setting sticks ram triple channel motherboard

a b V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 3:34:02 PM

Just put the 2 pieces of GSkill in A1/B1 and the two OCZ in A2/B2, with any luck it will run in dual channel.
m
l
a b } Memory
a c 178 V Motherboard
July 5, 2010 4:02:03 PM

Use A1, A2, B1, B2 to run in dual channel (odd numbers of DIMMs always run single channel, if at all); put in one stick of G.Skill, enable XMP, write down all memory settings (not just CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS, all of 'em - including Vdimm and QPI/Vtt), disable XMP; power down; take out DIMM, put in one stick of OCZ; again, enable XMP, write down all memory settings; disable XMP; change voltage and RAM settings to manual; go through your 'table of settings', comparing the two lists - set each latency to the highest of the two figures, except for tRFC - set that to the highest figure plus fifteen percent, rounded to the next higher number; the memory multiplier to the lowest of the two; set uncore mutiplier to twice the memory multiplier plus one; the QPI/Vtt to the highest of the two; the Vdimm to the highest of the two plus a couple of hundreths; check that QPI/Vtt and Vdimm are within a half volt of each other - if not, raise QPI; double check that 'command' or 'command rate' is set to '2t' or '2n', whichever your board lists; save your settings; power down and 'shovel in' the four sticks, see if she works!

'Mixing and matching' RAM is always a bad idea, but if there's a chance of it working, this procedure should cover it...
m
l