JMHvsAll

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Hello,

First time posting. Recently my computer for some reason increased in temps significantly. I'm currently running a H100 with an i7-3770k. It was running since ivy bridge launch at 30degrees idle. It is now hitting around the 75degree mark idle.

I've reapplied the thermal paste and it is still running at around 75 degrees. I can't think of any other problems as even when on 100% load before the CPU would be around 70degrees only and is now running at that on idle if not higher.

I've checked the temps via Coretemps and the Mobo already. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Solution

If its OC'd put it back to stock settings. Try running in safe mode see if temps are still high. Worst comes to worst go get a cheap air cooler...

v90k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

If its OC'd put it back to stock settings. Try running in safe mode see if temps are still high. Worst comes to worst go get a cheap air cooler and see if temps are still high. Maybe H100 is not cooling well?

Solution

cbrunnem

Distinguished

a h100 is a good as the best air coolers.

JMHvsAll

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Thanks for the help guys.

The computer is still running real hot after a few hours off it will start off at 35degrees ish then ramp up to 75degrees. From that point it usually stays steady. I'm afriad to try a Prime95 test with the idle temps already at 75 degrees, but Core temps does show a 0-1% load while at 75degrees. I'm not sure what the TJmax temp is but that states 105degrees.

The computer was stock never had time to attempt overclcking since building it. I don't think it is a virus or OS problem as it shows high temps on the BIOS screen even before booting windows.

I'm going to try to put on the air cooler that came with the processor later today and see if the problem is the H100. When I was redoing the thermal paste and cleaning of the copper plate on the heat sink it did seem really warm, not sure if that is normal or not.
(BTW does anyone know the RMA time for Corsair? Just bought all the parts around mid to late April)

If anyone can think of anything else please feel free to state some opinions. I know the basics with computers but when it gets slightly complicated like this I'm pretty lost.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

are you sure youre reading the current temps not the max temps? cause what you say here sounds normal for the computer to go from idle to a high temp even though that is kinda high. at the same time thats a low end water cooler as well.

JMHvsAll

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Been out of town.
I've been reading the current temps.
Computer seems like its cooling down its down to about 70degrees idle.
Does anyone know if Arctic MX-2 has a long curing time? I doubt its because of curing but one can only hope.

Going to try to slap on the stock fan from the 3770k and see if its the cooler that is the problem.

TRENDING THREADS