Sign in with
Your question

Is it possible to connect a pci cpu card on the pci expansion slot

Last response: in Components
February 25, 2010 12:32:00 PM

Hi all,
Is it possible to connect a PCI CPU card on one of the pci expansion slot on the southbridge and control the northbridge and southbridge peripherals from the processor that is there on the pci card
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2010 2:07:40 AM

I haven't seen anything that makes that kind of setup possible, and I don't think it's possible anyway. The entire mobo itself is built to provide interfaces for the CPU to interact with the rest of the computer, and I doubt you can replicate that with the same efficiency through a PCI card.
m
l
March 4, 2010 9:26:06 AM

r_manic said:
I haven't seen anything that makes that kind of setup possible, and I don't think it's possible anyway. The entire mobo itself is built to provide interfaces for the CPU to interact with the rest of the computer, and I doubt you can replicate that with the same efficiency through a PCI card.

HI Manic,
Thanks for the reply, i have another doubt can i connect a cpu and northbridge to one of the pci express expansion slot on the southbridge and after the system gets powered on, can i power off main cpu and northbridge and make the cpu and northbridge on the pci express expansion slot to access the southbridge peripherals.
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
March 4, 2010 9:33:46 AM

Doubtful and why would you want to?
m
l
!