2700k EVGA GTX 580

exxodys12

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I have a asus maximus IV Extreme Z motherboard with intel liquid cooling so far I have clocked the cpu to 4.8 and the GPU to 2200 core clock I was curious what other people have stable clocked these CPU's and GPU's

4.8ghz for a 2700K is a good clock you could probably take it to 5.0ghz, but what for?, it's already doing whatever you need.

Your 580GTX clocked to 2200 core clock, means you GPU would be running at 1100mhz, what voltage are you running that clock at?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
4.8ghz for a 2700K is a good clock you could probably take it to 5.0ghz, but what for?, it's already doing whatever you need.

I have yet to come across anything that my 2600 non-k doesn't chew up and spit out at the stock speed of 3.4ghz. The only thing that really benefits from these CPUs at higher clock speeds are benchmarks, and they're typically synthetic anyway. We all overclock as we can and when we can, but other than putting the stats in your signature...I'm not sure the difference in speed would benefit you in any real-world application.