How do I delete a network name?

sandiie

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Hello,
I really hope someone can help with this. I was having problems with an old Gateway MX6015 laptop and since there is nothing on it I reinstalled the original system software to start fresh.
As a newbie when the network setup came up I accidentally used my routers name as a network name. Now it will not connect to my wireless connection because it is trying to connect to a network that does not exist.
My husband does not want me to change the SSID on our router because he is too afraid I will mess up all our other stuff that he runs.
Can I just somehow go in and change the network name???? I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Thanks very much.

simply delete the wifi network from your computer and rescan for available networks. actually you dont even need to do that. simply choose the correct network name from the list of detected networks and connect to it. If you dont SEE the wireless network your trying to connect to, that is a different problem altogether.

sandiie

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

I have tried to delete the wifi network and cannot find how to do it. It keeps going to the network wizard and will not let me modify or delete the existing network. Thank you very much for any advice.

TRENDING THREADS