System Image Creation error

ussyicheng

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I'm trying to create a system image of my 250GB internal HDD on my 3TB Seagate Goflex Desk external HDD. But 25% of the way through it, it tells me "one of the backup files could not be created. (0x8078002A)" The image is what i get about a quarter of the way through. And then it says "additional information: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (0x8007045D)

bALEjaaDb

Hope you can help

mendota jim

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

I have had the same EXACT situation as you have described with the same Seagate unit that I bought for the unbelievable price of 99.95 at Best Buy for 3TB. I have a 320 GB laptop that I was trying to create a system image of and kept getting the failure message that you had. I instead plugged in a portable 110 GB drive that I have and my system image of around 60 GB went fine so I made a DVD restore disc. I then hooked the Seagate to my wife's laptop and guess what? the backup failed. I reformatted the Seagate and tried again and it still won't work. I returned it to Beat Buy today and figured that it was too good to be true. No other 3TB unit is less than $100.

Jimmy K.

TRENDING THREADS