PSU fans work, no beeps, or post

tiernbop

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I am in the process of building a new machine, and had everything booting, and even had the Windows setup CD spinning, and ready to the point to "Click next to begin installation". Then I noticed, I didn't have my case fans connected, and wanted to do so before installing Windows. I powered down the machine, disconnected power, hooked up the case fans. I reconnected power, and turned everything back on, and noticed the Video Card wasn't powering up. Thinking I bumped it while connecting the case fans, I powered back down, and tried to make sure the PSU cable was connected firmly and gave the vid card a push to make sure it was in the mobo firm. Then I realized I forgot to pull the power cord out of the back of the PSU.

At this point I when I tried to power on nothing happened. I pulled out the video card, and the power cable to it, and when I boot up, the psu and case fans spin, but no beeps. I removed everything, leaving me with a CPU, HS, and the PSU, and when I started up I have the same result: PSU and Case fans spin, but no beeps. I bought a new mobo and put the processor on it, powered it up with no other devices attached (I did have the HS on, obviously), and still no beeps.

This leads me to believe I have fried my CPU. Am I correct in this assumption?

My Specs:

XFX HD-575X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5750
GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor Model HDX925WFGIBOX
Antec Three Hundred Case
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply

TRENDING THREADS