System crashing with sound effects

This is the second time that i have had this system do this, it crashes, but when it does so it creates a very interesting set of sounds in combination with Pandora. Pandora has been running both times and when it crashes it doesnt create a loop as the song still progresses, its more like it takes a small snippet of sound, plays it, moves part way through that snippet and plays another, and repeats, i have had stuff crash with sound loops before but nothing like this. Suggestions on potential sources of my problem?

System specs
PII 955
Asus M4A79T
2x2 Gskills 1333MHz DDR3 @ CL8 1.6V
XFX 4850
Antec EA500
WD 1TB Caviar Black
Windows 7 Pro x64

jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
In the title, you said it crashes, but nothing more about it. Does it hard freeze? I have some trouble with audiodg.exe, where it will randomly take one of my cores to 100%, and essentially kill my system until I reboot. Killing the process does nothing, as it comes right back at 100% usage. The sound becomes garbled, and it takes a piece of audio, about 5 seconds worth, and repeats it for 20 seconds, then grabs a new one. Something like that?

jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Yep, I bet you have the same bug as I do, and I have no idea how to get around it. Do you use onboard audio or a sound card? I have found that when I use my wireless headset, that causes issues more often. It has a USB RF Transmitter, and when I use my onboard sound, it affects me much less. I'm going to try a clean install of 7 today, I'll let you know if that takes care of it.

TRENDING THREADS