sharmapratik2424

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
hi guys i recently got a aus eah4670 card on my pc

intel pentium 4
1gb ram
frontech psu 450w

when i play cod5 waw my pc shuts down suddenly. is it the problem of my psu

Which Pentium 4? You may not even be meeting the minimum system requirements for that game. That could definitely cause you to crash out of the game; don't know if it could cause Windows itself to crash, but I suppose it's possible.

As others have said, a failing PSU is another major suspect for those symptoms and a machine that old. If that's not it, it wouldn't hurt to check for RAM issues.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Call of Duty: World at War Minimum System Requirements:
* CPU: AMD 64 3200+ / Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz +
* Memory: 512MB (XP) or 1GB (Vista)
* HD Space: 8GB <
* Graphics Card: Nvidia 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or higher (Shader 3.0 or better) with 256MB memory

I'm thinking you may simply not have the CPU to run it... Play some other games for a while and see if it happens with them.

If you've played through the game with this CPU, it's probably not the CPU then.

What about your video card drivers? If you didn't uninstall the drivers from the old card (and install the correct drivers for the 4670), that can cause a game to fail pretty hard.

Are you able to actually play the game for a while with the 4670, or does it crash immediately?

My guesses are:

1. Video card drivers
2. Power supply problem
3. RAM issue

Although if you can just remember whether you installed new drivers when you installed the new card (from the disc that came with it?), that could either instantly rule it out or instantly point to it as the culprit.

If you upgrade to a quad core or i7, the 4670 will be the weakest component in your system. You'll be able to run any game out there today, but for the more intense ones you'll probably see some noticeably slow performance.

The main use for a 4670 today is either for a system with power limitations, or as the final upgrade to keep an AGP machine going. In a new system where power is not an issue, you'll probably want at least a 4870, although a 5xxx series card will last you longer.

I'm not sure 100% what you're asking, but basically:

New PSU + Pentium 4 system = crappy gaming experience, and many new games unplayable or virtually unplayable

New PSU + i7 + 4670 = decent gaming experience but limited by the 4670, newest games will be slow or you'll need to play at lower resolution

New PSU + i7 CPU + 4870/90 or 5xxx = 100% awesome gaming experience that runs everything fast