Sign in with
Your question

Workhorse / Gaming Recommendations

Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2009 5:03:27 AM

Here is my situation:

I'm currently a Mac owner and have been for several years. I'm looking to make the move from Mac to PC early next year. I'm a web designer so I work from home and I'll be using the CS4 suite and other coding software. My current set-up is dual screen, so the build will need have that in mind. I'm selling my current set-up and starting from scratch.

I plan on getting in to the PC gaming scene as well and would like to be able to switch to a single monitor and play the newest games. (Dragon Age, L4D, Mass Effect 2, etc)

I know the budget is a bit low (especially for needing 2 monitors), but it's definitely flexible. Tack on a couple hundred more dollars if needed.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (January 2010) BUDGET RANGE: ($1500) Before Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (CS4 Suite, coding/rendering programs, gaming)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (keyboard, mouse, speakers)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (Newegg) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: (United States)

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type (Intel + Radeon)

OVERCLOCKING: (No) SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1920x1080)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (2 monitors, budget is flexible, need OS)

I've been out of the PC loop for several years so any help (or nudges in the right direction) is appreciated.
December 18, 2009 5:05:38 PM

I forgot to ask whether it would be a better idea to get one video card with 2 outputs or two video cards with 1. Advantages/Disadvantages?
m
l
!