P7P55D-E Deluxe or Premium

alphanode

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I've used Asus MB in the past and haven't been disappointed, so I'm looking to use Asus again for my next build - within a week seeing as how my old computer won't boot :-/

I've been looking at the Premium and Deluxe but i can't really figure out the difference. What is the difference between these two. Is there maybe another version of the MB I should be considering buying?

What I care about:
+Will be using an 860 processor, so it of course has to support it and all the turbo/hyperthreading features. I read one new egg review that said the Deluxe version didn't support hyperthreading (but my gut feeling is thats wrong)
+Lots of SATA ports. Plan to have an Intel SSD as my primary drive and 4-5 other HD in RAID 5 as my general storage (video, music, etc).
+RAID (as previously mentioned).
+Moderate overclocking ability. I'm not going to max things out to the extreme, but will likely overclock for added performance
+USB 3.0 and SATA 6.0 Gb/s. This should help to future proof my PC. I know i could just by a PCI card later, but may as well have it built into the MB.
+Fan Connections. I'm trying to engineer this build to be quieter than my previous build so I plan to take full advantage of Asus's cool n' quiet feature and connect the case fans up to the MB for speed control. (i think according to tom's review the Premium has only 4, but the maximus has 6 or 8 - but no USB/SATA upgrade).

I apologize if this post is poorly written - I'm a bit exhausted from spending all day trying to resuscitate my dead PC and reading up on computer components in prep for my new build. Thanks for any advice you guys can offer.

Solution
There is barely a difference between them, according to the ASUS comparison chart, the Deluxe version has an extra PCIe 2.0 1x(2.5GT/s) slot, External SATA,SATA 3Gb/s port and a slightly different cooling system