Sign in with
Your question

Tries to load Nvidia driver even after Driver Sweeper

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 17, 2009 5:01:35 PM

I used to have a Nvidia card and recently I bought an ATI card so I used Driver Sweeper to uninstall the Nvidia Drivers before installing the new card.

Well now when my computer boots, first of all it takes roughly 3-4mins to boot (used to take 1min) and I get these error messages saying:

RUNDLL "Can't read C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll
Can't find the module."

RUNDLL "Can't read C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
Can't find the module."

RUNDLL "Can't read C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc64.dll
Can't find the module."

Do you know what I am doing wrong here and more importantly, what I can do to fix it?

Any help appreciated, I am so tired of broken computers now it's not even funny.

*EDIT* I should also mention that Driver Sweep does not find anything on Nvidia Drivers anymore and the issue still persists.
December 17, 2009 5:18:15 PM

Are you sure that Nvidia control panel, and Nview are uninstalled? I'd go to Control Panel > Add Remove Programs, and make sure that you don't have any Nvidia software still installed.

Another idea, is to go to Start > Run > type "msconfig" (no quotes) into the open field
This will bring up the system configuration utility.
here you want to check under startup and services, and make sure there isn't anything in there from Nvidia. Look for items like nwiz, Nmctray, and NvCpl.....
m
l
a c 1372 U Graphics card
a c 156 Î Nvidia
December 17, 2009 10:04:13 PM

Before running driver sweeper did you uninstall the card in windows device manager? Doing that would update the windows registry.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2009 8:41:46 AM

No I did not, could that be a contributing factor?
Right now I used msconfig to prevent the .dlls from autoloading but I feel like it's not really solving the problem as much as ignoring it right?
m
l
a c 1372 U Graphics card
a c 156 Î Nvidia
December 18, 2009 9:50:04 AM

If you look in device manager you might see the old card with a problem marked on it.
m
l
December 24, 2009 3:07:02 AM

No there is no mark on anything I'm afraid.
I want to add that the computer does not only start up slow it also shuts down really slow. It can easy take up to four or five mins before it shuts down and before I had the graphics card change it took roughly 20 seconds or less.
m
l
a c 1372 U Graphics card
a c 156 Î Nvidia
December 24, 2009 3:10:30 AM

Definitely having driver/hardware issues. When you go into device manager do you see your old card under display adapters?
m
l
December 24, 2009 3:22:17 AM

Not really, here I tried to make it as simple as possible for you so I took a print screen of my device manager, I opened up the tree for graphics cards and also took the liberty to open up the trees of some places where I found the name NVIDIA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/SlizenDize/Enhet...

To me everything seems to be in order but I'm really no expert.
There is also some more NVIDIA stuff under "Systemunit" but that tree was so large it would take to much space to show you.

*EDIT* Oh and the physX thing is my separate PhysX card and not something from my previous NVIDIA card
m
l
a c 1372 U Graphics card
a c 156 Î Nvidia
December 24, 2009 3:30:52 AM

Well if your nvidia card was still in registry it would show up under bildskarmkort like your ATI card. The other thing is I see agea physx adapter do you have that installed?
(p.s. I have never seen it in Swedish before)
m
l
December 24, 2009 3:36:20 AM

Yes the PhysX adapter is a separate card I bought about two years back made from Ageia back when NVIDIA did not have the licens for it.

If it's installed... well I do not know to be honest, I thought it showing up there meant it was installed? Maybe uninstalling the Nvidia card did something with the PhysX card too?
If you mean if it is physically installed then yes.

By the way thank you so much for the quick replies, I really appreciate it
m
l
a c 1372 U Graphics card
a c 156 Î Nvidia
December 24, 2009 3:43:34 AM

I suspect that your issue is with the Physx card. Physx is nvidia specific today although some people claim they have it working on ATI. I am by no means an expert on physx but I think it would be worth a try to uninstall that card and see whether that will cure the problem.
m
l
December 24, 2009 3:51:20 AM

I guess that could be a possibility.
Do you think that I will have to physically uninstall it or would it be ok to just uninstall the drivers?
m
l
a c 1372 U Graphics card
a c 156 Î Nvidia
December 24, 2009 3:55:03 AM

Try removing it in enhetshanteraren. The computer will find it on the next start up and want to install it but you can get around that.
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
a c 80 Î Nvidia
December 24, 2009 3:57:05 AM

rolli59 said:
I suspect that your issue is with the Physx card. Physx is nvidia specific today although some people claim they have it working on ATI. I am by no means an expert on physx but I think it would be worth a try to uninstall that card and see whether that will cure the problem.

To get the ATI cards to work with PhysX nVidia cards requires older drivers and a 3rd party hack, so it's not likely those two would be compatible.
m
l
!