resetting neighborhoods???

Ok since I basically had my little fun, destroying the ideas that the Sims'
makers had with the original families implanted into the game with the
storylines, I was wondering if there is a way to reset the neighborhoods if
you want to replay the sims there?

thanks
Chey

The easiest way is to remove the neighbourhoods folder (put it somewhere
safe if you want to keep some of the other neighbourhoods) and then reboot
the game. It will take a longer than normal time to boot and will regenerate
the default neighbourhoods. When you stop playing you can put the
neighbourhoods you saved back in. Another easy way is to not play after you
have made the neighbourhoods refresh themselves and simply save the N001 - 3
folders somewhere safe and then you can regularly and easily restore the
defaults simply by copying them back into the neighbourhoods folder whenever
you wish (and the game is off)

MM

"Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> Ok since I basically had my little fun, destroying the ideas that the
Sims'
> makers had with the original families implanted into the game with the
> storylines, I was wondering if there is a way to reset the neighborhoods
if
> you want to replay the sims there?
>
> thanks
> Chey

"Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> Ok since I basically had my little fun, destroying the ideas that the
> Sims' makers had with the original families implanted into the game
> with the storylines, I was wondering if there is a way to reset the
> neighborhoods if you want to replay the sims there?
>
> thanks
> Chey

I just got through doing this about a couple days ago. Unless you want
to save a neighborhood,
just delete the neighborhood you don't want in your My Documents Sims 2
folder and replace it with the neighborhood
you want out of.......programs......EA Games.......Sims2
folder........TS Data........Res.......User Data.......Neighborhoods...
copy the neighborhood you want and paste it in the My Documents.....EA
games.......Sims 2........Neighborhoods.

It worked great for me. Somebody in the other Sims newsgroup posted this
and it worked for me. Somebody
said it won't generate a new neighborhood just by deleting but I don't
know. If you
need anymore help, just post again. I hope I made this clear. LOL

..........B

Hi Madame Mim

actually this is what I tried first..
but it didn't work..when it did finally load the neighborhoods were still
gone..
So I went for the second option that JayB wrote..

thanks tho for your help :)

Chey

> The easiest way is to remove the neighbourhoods folder (put it somewhere
> safe if you want to keep some of the other neighbourhoods) and then reboot
> the game. It will take a longer than normal time to boot and will
> regenerate
> the default neighbourhoods. When you stop playing you can put the
> neighbourhoods you saved back in. Another easy way is to not play after
> you
> have made the neighbourhoods refresh themselves and simply save the N001 -
> 3
> folders somewhere safe and then you can regularly and easily restore the
> defaults simply by copying them back into the neighbourhoods folder
> whenever
> you wish (and the game is off)
>
> MM
>

> "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
>> Ok since I basically had my little fun, destroying the ideas that the
> Sims'
>> makers had with the original families implanted into the game with the
>> storylines, I was wondering if there is a way to reset the neighborhoods
> if
>> you want to replay the sims there?
>>
>> thanks
>> Chey

Did you remove the whole folder - or just the individual neighbourhood
folders? It's really weird cause it always works for me. It resets the
tutorials and everything.

> Hi Madame Mim
>
> actually this is what I tried first..
> but it didn't work..when it did finally load the neighborhoods were still
> gone..
> So I went for the second option that JayB wrote..
>
> thanks tho for your help :)
>
> Chey
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > The easiest way is to remove the neighbourhoods folder (put it somewhere
> > safe if you want to keep some of the other neighbourhoods) and then
reboot
> > the game. It will take a longer than normal time to boot and will
> > regenerate
> > the default neighbourhoods. When you stop playing you can put the
> > neighbourhoods you saved back in. Another easy way is to not play after
> > you
> > have made the neighbourhoods refresh themselves and simply save the
N001 -
> > 3
> > folders somewhere safe and then you can regularly and easily restore the
> > defaults simply by copying them back into the neighbourhoods folder
> > whenever
> > you wish (and the game is off)
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> >> Ok since I basically had my little fun, destroying the ideas that the
> > Sims'
> >> makers had with the original families implanted into the game with the
> >> storylines, I was wondering if there is a way to reset the
neighborhoods
> > if
> >> you want to replay the sims there?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> Chey

oh no.. cause my sons made some custom neighborhoods..
I ddin't think to back them up and then remove the whole neighborhood..good
next time I know :)

thank you

> Did you remove the whole folder - or just the individual neighbourhood
> folders? It's really weird cause it always works for me. It resets the
> tutorials and everything.
>
> MM
>

> "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Madame Mim
>>
>> actually this is what I tried first..
>> but it didn't work..when it did finally load the neighborhoods were still
>> gone..
>> So I went for the second option that JayB wrote..
>>
>> thanks tho for your help :)
>>
>> Chey
>>
>> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> > The easiest way is to remove the neighbourhoods folder (put it
>> > somewhere
>> > safe if you want to keep some of the other neighbourhoods) and then
> reboot
>> > the game. It will take a longer than normal time to boot and will
>> > regenerate
>> > the default neighbourhoods. When you stop playing you can put the
>> > neighbourhoods you saved back in. Another easy way is to not play
>> > after
>> > you
>> > have made the neighbourhoods refresh themselves and simply save the
> N001 -
>> > 3
>> > folders somewhere safe and then you can regularly and easily restore
>> > the
>> > defaults simply by copying them back into the neighbourhoods folder
>> > whenever
>> > you wish (and the game is off)
>> >
>> > MM
>> >

>> > "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
>> > Sims'
> neighborhoods
>> > if

> Did you remove the whole folder - or just the individual neighbourhood
> folders? It's really weird cause it always works for me. It resets the
> tutorials and everything.
>
> MM

Thanks for this info MM. I'll try it next time. I just thought somebody
had already tried it
and it didn't work, but if it did for you, then it must work.
Whew......long sentence. LOL

....B

That's why I dump mine on my desktop - that way I can put N004 (My
Pleasantville ancestors neighbourhood) back in after the game has recreated
1-3.

> oh no.. cause my sons made some custom neighborhoods..
> I ddin't think to back them up and then remove the whole
neighborhood..good
> next time I know :)
>
> thank you
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Did you remove the whole folder - or just the individual neighbourhood
> > folders? It's really weird cause it always works for me. It resets the
> > tutorials and everything.
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Madame Mim
> >>
> >> actually this is what I tried first..
> >> but it didn't work..when it did finally load the neighborhoods were
still
> >> gone..
> >> So I went for the second option that JayB wrote..
> >>
> >> thanks tho for your help :)
> >>
> >> Chey
> >>
> >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > reboot
> > N001 -

> > neighborhoods

Sooooooooooo, we can't just get rid of neighborhoods 1, 2 and 3? The game
regenerates them?

> That's why I dump mine on my desktop - that way I can put N004 (My
> Pleasantville ancestors neighbourhood) back in after the game has
recreated
> 1-3.
>
> MM
>

> "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> > oh no.. cause my sons made some custom neighborhoods..
> > I ddin't think to back them up and then remove the whole
> neighborhood..good
> > next time I know :)
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > > Did you remove the whole folder - or just the individual neighbourhood
> > > folders? It's really weird cause it always works for me. It resets the
> > > tutorials and everything.
> > >
> > > MM
> > >

> > > "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message

> still

> > > reboot
> > > N001 -

> the
> the
> > > neighborhoods

Well, getting rid of them is easy. You delete the individual neighbourhood
and it goes. The game regenerates them if you delete the entire
Neighbourhoods folder.

MM

> Sooooooooooo, we can't just get rid of neighborhoods 1, 2 and 3? The game
> regenerates them?
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > That's why I dump mine on my desktop - that way I can put N004 (My
> > Pleasantville ancestors neighbourhood) back in after the game has
> recreated
> > 1-3.
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Mike and Chey" <mikechey@direcway.com> wrote in message
> > > oh no.. cause my sons made some custom neighborhoods..
> > > I ddin't think to back them up and then remove the whole
> > neighborhood..good
> > > next time I know :)
> > >
> > > thank you
> > >
> > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> > still

> restore

> > the
> > the

So I can get rid of the premade ones that way? It won't mess my game up?
You sure?
LMAO!
Heck I hardly ever really play the game, but when I do, it is a custom
neighborhood..............or just building, lol.
I found a house made like a ship online, but it about crashed my game as it
was soooooooo huge.
So I made my own smaller one......
Hmmm, maybe I will post a pic in binaries sometime.

> So I can get rid of the premade ones that way? It won't mess my game
> up?
> You sure?
> LMAO!
> Heck I hardly ever really play the game, but when I do, it is a custom
> neighborhood..............or just building, lol.
> I found a house made like a ship online, but it about crashed my game
> as it
> was soooooooo huge.
> So I made my own smaller one......
> Hmmm, maybe I will post a pic in binaries sometime.

Oh I wish you would!! :)))

Oh btw am I crazy or isn't there a button or option to delete the
neighborhood in the game??
Naw, I'm not crazy...LOL....there is! :)

....B

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> > So I can get rid of the premade ones that way? It won't mess my game
> > up?
> > You sure?
> > LMAO!
> > Heck I hardly ever really play the game, but when I do, it is a custom
> > neighborhood..............or just building, lol.
> > I found a house made like a ship online, but it about crashed my game
> > as it
> > was soooooooo huge.
> > So I made my own smaller one......
> > Hmmm, maybe I will post a pic in binaries sometime.
> >

> Oh I wish you would!! :)))
>
> Oh btw am I crazy or isn't there a button or option to delete the
> neighborhood in the game??
> Naw, I'm not crazy...LOL....there is! :)
>
> ...B

Yep, and i have done it with some custom ones, just not the default ones.

You can actually delete a neighbourhood from inside the game as well - so
that you're extra sure which one you're getting rid of.

MM