Small psu

D

Deleted member 338371

any durable psu that could fit in to LIAN LI PC-A05NA Silver Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case? The psu would fire my amd phenom ii 940, ati radeon 4850, Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler(running at 70%)

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
My recommendation is that you get a very high efficiency power supply so it doesn't make much heat up there (without much of an external exhaust...) Also try not to put a drive in that bottom slot above the PSU--it may need the airspace.

Good choices would be the Corsair 400cx or the Corsair 450 vx(more power efficient). I own a corsair and it runs silently and cool. The top mounted fan it this one should help suck heat out of the case I hope...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

I just checked the dimensions of the case. I don't know why newegg.com called it a mini tower case. Based on the actual dimensions and the fact that it can accomodate a standard atx motherboard it is closer to an atx mid-tower case. What Lian Li did was shorten the height a little bit. That's why the power supply is installed in the bottom front of the case.

Anyway, a standard atx power supply will fit inside that case.

Corsair and Seasonic are two of the brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts series which is a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.