MATX Gaming Mobo

GamerOnABudget

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I'm looking to build a mATX gaming rig. I'm going mATX because I'll be at college and have no way of transporting my rig aside from on foot. At first I thought I would be rolling with the LGA 1156 socket but now I am leaning towards the AM3 due to its bargain price and the chance of future CPUs being compatible. However, I'm still not sure. I am looking to be able to perform mild overclocking. Since I don't know very much about mobos, I thought I would ask around here.

Gaming, mATX, medium overclocking
1)AM3 Socket Recommendations

2)LGA 1156 Recommendations

Thanks

GamerOnABudget

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Thanks for the input. What does one look for when choosing a motherboard other than the obvious things like the cpu socket type, ram slots/voltages, and PCI slots? I know things like USB 3.0 and 6gb/s SATA bump up the price, but what makes something like the ASUS Maximus III so much more expensive than one of the ~$100 mobos. Also, what do you want to look for when considering overclocking?

Thanks again

Here are some tips.

1- PCI-E slots
2- OC features
3- Quality
4- Warranty
5- Awards (OC or benchmarks)

Why the CH III is more expensive? Because has a lot of features that even give to u the possibility of OC ur rig from another rig like a laptop it's very stable and is very solid in OC.