Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Second fan for CM Hyper+

Last response: in Overclocking
June 20, 2012 10:23:36 AM

I'm running a CM Hyper+ in a HAF 912. I have a 200mm megaflow on the top (exhause), front stock case fan (intake), side fan (exhaust), and stock case fan in the back (exhaust?).

The CM also has the stock fan clipped on to it, but I know I can also place a fan on the other side of the cooler. I've read about people doing "push pull" configurations. Does that mean I have the second CM fan in the opposite direction as the backside of the case (if the back fan is exhaust, then the second CM fan is an intake?)? I'm not sure how that works.

Do I need a secondary fan on the CM? Also, where would I find a fan with the clips that would allow me to place it on there? Most of the third party cases I've seen from Frys and Microcenter only have the screw holes.

More about : fan hyper

June 20, 2012 10:30:13 AM

Also, if the fan could be on the quiet end, that'd be great!
m
l
June 21, 2012 6:22:08 AM

Bump
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 110 K Overclocking
June 21, 2012 6:37:25 AM

If it's the 212+ you're talking about, this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It's pretty much the same fan that came with it and it's the one I use for push/pull with my 212 Evo.

Also, the clips should have come with the 212+ when you got it, but they definitely don't come with the fan (or any fan, for that matter). If you don't have them, you may need to contact Cooler Master to see if you can get an extra pair of clips.

And push/pull is one fan (the fan that's there already) "pushing" air through the fins like normal and the second fan "pulling" air through the fins. To set it up correctly, the second fan needs to be installed with the "ugly" side facing outwards towards the back of the case, and the the label side facing towards the the fins. There's also an airflow directionality arrow on the fan to show you which way the air will be flowing. You want it facing towards the back of the case, not towards the cooler.
June 21, 2012 8:42:18 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
If it's the 212+ you're talking about, this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It's pretty much the same fan that came with it and it's the one I use for push/pull with my 212 Evo.

Also, the clips should have come with the 212+ when you got it, but they definitely don't come with the fan (or any fan, for that matter). If you don't have them, you may need to contact Cooler Master to see if you can get an extra pair of clips.

And push/pull is one fan (the fan that's there already) "pushing" air through the fins like normal and the second fan "pulling" air through the fins. To set it up correctly, the second fan needs to be installed with the "ugly" side facing outwards towards the back of the case, and the the label side facing towards the the fins. There's also an airflow directionality arrow on the fan to show you which way the air will be flowing. You want it facing towards the back of the case, not towards the cooler.

Shoot, I think I threw away the 212+ box with any potential clips. So I can technically use any fan (120mm) with the cooler? I think I'd use the same one that came with it just to keep everything standard and quiet.

So far my orientation of the 212+ fan is so that the shiny part is facing outwards (in other words, I can see the shiny label through the front case mesh). I would then need to get a second fan and place it in the opposite direction (shiny side facing the metal cooler block). Would that mess up the flow with the back stock case fan?
m
l
a c 110 K Overclocking
June 21, 2012 8:48:08 AM

rebelx said:
So far my orientation of the 212+ fan is so that the shiny part is facing outwards (in other words, I can see the shiny label through the front case mesh). I would then need to get a second fan and place it in the opposite direction (shiny side facing the metal cooler block). Would that mess up the flow with the back stock case fan?

You have the right idea and it shouldn't really screw with the airflow any, no.
m
l
June 28, 2012 2:27:20 AM

Best answer selected by rebelx.
m
l
!