xcom007

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I have a Corsair H100 cooler. Where can I find a Corsair Link Commander kit? I've looked on Amazon, NewEgg, and the www.
Also is there a BETTER solution to controlling the H100? It has a 4-pin lead, but only 3 are hot. Can an ASUS Rampage IV mobo still control the cooler 3-pins?

xcom007

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
What about the PWM 4-pin vs 3-pin control? Do you hook h100 into mobo CPU fan leads, or go into Link Commander? RIVE has a PWM (4-pin) in; will H100 work w/this? What controls/readings will be lost by plugging it into the mobo?

What I do with my h100, I have the pump hooked into the molex of course (didn't have room to hook in the rpm plug), I have 4 fans on it 1 side fans are hooked into the cpu1 and cpu2 plugs, And the other 2 are plugged into pwm1 and pwm2 and I control the fans with AXTU ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility, Its software for my motherboard which is the ASRock 970 Extreme3.

You can have it set where the fans are controlled by the mobo and if its got software controls the better, the link commander I wasn't going to spend any money for just because the h100 was already $120 USD plus shipping.

You can also get a fan controller and control it that way with a touch of a button or a turn with a knob, have a friend who has it set up that way and works well.

xcom007

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Thanks for the advice. I actually got the damn thing built!, and it boots up, and stuff, way cool for this 1st timer..