Sign in with
Your question

Gold tubing?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 20, 2012 9:05:36 PM

So i've been looking all over for gold colored tubing and cannot seem to find anything thru sidewinder, frozen cpu, or anywhere else. Does it exist? do I have to custom order it from somewhere and where would that be? I don't want yellow or orange, I am looking for a dark golden color. I had the idea while at the rec to do a black on gold build but I am having some real issues finding the right pieces, mostly the tubing. Thanks in advance for any help

More about : gold tubing

a c 78 K Overclocking
June 20, 2012 11:19:05 PM

no gold only yellow. don't bother spray painting it as this will make you feel like an ass..as the paint won't stick to a smooth vinyl surface. Acrylic paint won't hold either.

My opinion - though this is strongly my opinion. get all the hardware in black, get all the watercooling hardware in copper/gold and the tubing in black or clear. could have white tubing to give it an accent, but the choice is upto you.
m
l
a c 92 K Overclocking
June 20, 2012 11:34:32 PM

I had to consider it for a few moments then realized I have seen copper color but I don't recall gold - anyway, the place to look for that is automobile customization shops.
I found this but at only 1mm thickness, I don't know about it.
http://www.jesilicone.com/product-14.html
plus they probably have a rediculous minimum order quantity (but I don't know).
That sure is a tough order but I do think auto customizers are your best bet. I seem to recall a water cooled unit a while back that had gold tubing but I believe (it has been a while and I can't find it again) it was painted.
Good luck in your quest

m
l
Related resources
June 20, 2012 11:36:23 PM

Yeah I was thinking of how I could try and repaint some other tubing but have come up with no viable option yet. And your opinion was pretty much my gameplan, blacked out case with black accents on everything I get, copper blocks, but I needed the gold tubing to just set it off.

Looks like I may go back to my white/blood red theme but I cannot seem to find any good dark red hoses that aren't UV... damn all these hoses seem to be UV.

@ friedman- thanks that is a lot closer to what I am looking for. I guess I am going to start having to look outside the normal places if I want to make this happen, but I think you may be on to something with the auto's...
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
June 20, 2012 11:45:09 PM

i think masterkleer have blood red hoses...try aquatuning and let us know what you come around with :) 
m
l
June 20, 2012 11:55:59 PM

Masterkleer has a dark red hosing but they are all UV reactive, which was my original idea but the more I think about it the more I want to keep it clean simple and non glowing. I plan on using the FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Res which has a UV light inside. Not sure how strong it will be or if it really wont make a difference on the hoses. Then again I could always just leave the cathode inverter unplugged... took me typing this out to realize the simple solution haha
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
June 21, 2012 2:01:25 AM

Get some gold RIT dye, add to boiling water, submerge clear tubing until its the color you want. Easy way to DIY colored tubing you can't find in stores.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
June 21, 2012 7:33:44 AM

oh yeah! stupid me, there was a thread that asked about this and ended up showing the various degrees of coloring/tint you could get for your tubes. However the kitchen would be the pinnacle of all the mess/experimentation.
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
June 21, 2012 2:09:25 PM

I don't know how well gold dye would work, but might be your best bet outside of some kind of paint, which I don't think would end well.
m
l
!