Cannot install Catalyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So I got a 5870 from Newegg, and installed it. The hardware works fine, but I simply cannot get the Catalyst suite to install. I downloaded the 9.12 drivers from amd.com, and ran the .exe. The extract worked (I think), but the installer that then pops up doesn't. It opens, asks me to pick a language, and then says to pick either Install or Uninstall. I click install, and it just vanishes. No windows pop up, but Task Manager says that the process (InstallManagerApp.exe) is still operating. How do I get the drivers and CCC to install? Running W7 Home Premium x64.

G

I replaced my GTX 295, which started artifacting and overheating. I uninstalled any Nvidia drivers and ran Driver Sweeper to make sure. Same Windows installation.

G

Didn't work. I tried installing the drivers manually through Device Manager, but when I boot into normal mode (not Safe mode), I get a solid blue screen (not a BSOD).

Edit: I later tried to install it through the command line (go to the /Bin64 folder in elevated cmd.exe, type atisetup.exe -install -output screen), but I got:

Detecting<.........
!!!Error code=99 Detection Manager: Failed to load the driver
..>
Error: Failed to find any installable components

Edit again: Also, I have VC++ 2008 alongside VC++ 2005. Could that be related to the problem?

Edit yet again: I replaced the 5800 series drivers in Device Manager with the Standard VGA ones. I then rebooted into normal mode, but into the Administrator account. I did the manual atisetup.exe method, and it seems to work with the drivers from the XFX disc.

Final (?) edit: The drivers installed, but I got the same solid color screen when I tried to log into my account (it was grey-black due to me having the Pinwheel Galaxy as a desktop image, I think). I restarted, then tried the Administrator account. That seemed to work (and 1680x1050 is back again). Only Administrator works. I get my desktop on my normal account for about a few seconds, then I get the solid grey screen.

leon2006

Distinguished
List down the specs of your computer including PSU(model, brand, capacity).

Have you established the cause of the failure of your 295? You have to make sure that you don't confuse a hardware related failure to software installation issue?
Are you sure that its your 295 is bad not your mb, psu or other hardware? Or maybe the 295 artifacting/overheating can be a simple obstructed cooling (DUST) issue?

I'm microsoft visual studio user. I have studio 2008 complete package in my computer. I install/un-install CCC driver manually.

I have done this on Vista-64 and XP-32 with no issues. One of member in this forum confirmed using the same procedure on Server2003 with visual studio installed.

Make sure you folllow the procedure and don't skip

Install/Un-install procedure for CCC @ command prompt environment:

Un-install ATI driver

@ command prompt execute the following instructions
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –uninstall”

This will remove the current or older ATI driver on your PC. Wait for the process to complete.

The Font will get big as the OS will revert to default VGA driver. This is expected or normal just as when installing windows for the 1st time.

Reboot your machine after the completion of the process

Install ATI driver

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –install – output screen”

This will install thew ATI driver on your PC. You will see DOTS on the command prompt terminal. Wait for the process to complete.

When done the ATI CCC installation log will come-up to detail the installation summary.

Reboot your machine

Configure your graphic settings when you log in.

Notes:

1) @ command prompt type ”ATIsetup.exe -?” it will give you the list options for the ATIsetup.exe installation program

2) 9-Rev is whatever revision of ATI driver you are using (i.e. 9-10).

3) Do the un-isntall to remove remnants of failed install process

tilestwra

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Gyuzzz, i have the same problem with gendoikari:(
Windows Xp 32-BIT, 4890 RADEON
Any available solutions? I have already installed all nessesary libraries (.net, visualc++) but still..Im desperate

ben10_85

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
We've got the same problem, but at least i've got previous drivers to restore to(I hope is works!!)? But I know for sure that software I installed changed something! cause I build my pc not 3 weeks ago and it loaded my drivers from the disk no problem!!

if i find something i'll let you know please do the same

leon2006

Distinguished
Tilestwra:

Command prompt uninstall/install procedure

Go to accessories and open a COMMAND PROMPT WINDOW

Make sure you folllow the procedure and don't skip

Install/Un-install procedure for CCC @ command prompt environment:

Un-install ATI driver

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –uninstall”

This will remove the current or older ATI driver on your PC. Wait for the process to complete.

The Font will get big as the OS will revert to default VGA driver. This is expected or normal just as when installing windows for the 1st time.

Reboot your machine after the completion of the process

Install ATI driver

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\DRIVER\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\DRIVER\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –install – output screen”

This will install thew ATI driver on your PC. You will see DOTS on the command prompt terminal. Wait for the process to complete.

When done the ATI CCC installation log will come-up to detail the installation summary.

Reboot your machine

Configure your graphic settings when you log in.

Notes:

1) @ command prompt type ”ATIsetup.exe -?” it will give you the list options for the ATIsetup.exe installation program

2) 9-Rev is whatever revision of ATI driver you are using (i.e. 9-10).

3) Do the un-isntall to remove remnants of failed install process

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I had the same problems. I uninstalled 10.1 drivers and then used Driversweeper, but using driversweeper is what screwed me over. It wouldn't allow me to use any other driver version(I had 9.7, 9.9,9.12, 10.1, and 10.2). I gave up trying to find solutions after a wasting a day and I just backed up my data and did an OS reinstall.

Don't use driversweeper unless you're getting problems with conflicting drivers is what my experience taught me.

mudley

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Hello Leon2006, your answer is the best. I couldn't figure out a way, nor did ATI, nor any dude at Geek Squad could. I came across Your command prompt suggestion and I gave it a try. It worked and I could finally install 10.9 (I couldn't install from 9.11 through 10.9).

Great help and a lot of thanks to you,
God Bless,

Ashwin

Status
Not open for further replies.