Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard queries for Phenom II X4 955 BE

Last response: in Motherboards
July 6, 2010 6:57:00 PM

I am looking to buy a AMD Phenom II X4 955BE & confused about the motherboard to choose from. It

* Should be a budget motherboard [prefarably 790GX]
* Should have integrated graphics [for HD Moviez &Gaming] as I can't afford to buy a Video Card anywhere in the near future.
* Not planning to Crossfire anywhere near.

I 'd use the computer for:
* Video Processing
* Gaming

Is there any reason I can opt for a AMD Phenom II 555 BE other than price?

Any suggestions?
July 7, 2010 10:56:26 AM

<You could get lucky with one of these and unlock a core >

Can you explain this more clearly? To me it seems like the Athlon & Phenom are different on a large scale. Keeping in mind, I wouldn't be upgrading again my computer in the next 5-6 years, would you still suggest a Athlon II X3?

BTW, thanks for the mobos.
m
l
Related resources
a c 117 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
July 7, 2010 11:44:32 AM

Well from reading the reviews it looks like the current batch of Rana's are unlocking to quad cores.A good deal for $90.
Just make sure you buy a mobo with core unlocker.
m
l
July 7, 2010 8:08:00 PM

Probably bugging but how would I know if a motherboard can be core-unlocked?
m
l
July 7, 2010 8:11:23 PM

I was strongly considerate the Phenom II X4 955BE, but when you spoke about the RANA, you got me thinking. Can you suggest the best mobo if I consider a) 955BE or 2)Rana 455 ?

I am basically looking to use it for HD Video/Audio, Gaming & Video Conversions but can't afford a video card at the moment. SO looking for a mobo with a good integrated video card. Not looking for CrossFire or SLI too.
m
l
a c 117 V Motherboard
a b À AMD
July 8, 2010 2:20:26 AM

deppfx said:
I was strongly considerate the Phenom II X4 955BE, but when you spoke about the RANA, you got me thinking. Can you suggest the best mobo if I consider a) 955BE or 2)Rana 455 ?

I am basically looking to use it for HD Video/Audio, Gaming & Video Conversions but can't afford a video card at the moment. SO looking for a mobo with a good integrated video card. Not looking for CrossFire or SLI too.

Here's some options
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
Remember it's a 50/50 chance of the Rana unlocking to a stable 4th core
I really don't know how capable the onboard video is for gaming
Personally i would buy the 890 mobo if it's in your budget
another option
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
m
l
!