USB Drive Not Recognized in Anything

Tags:
  • Flash Media
  • Xbox 360
  • USB Drive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
November 26, 2011 8:31:21 PM

Recently my usb drive stoped working. I was trying to format it in my xbox 360 slim so I could transfer some stuff but it kept saying it failed data loss test so I couldn't use it. Its a 8GB PNY Attache flash drive. It has always worked before but then after that I plugged it into my pc and formatted it again and ran a scan on it to make sure it was working. The scan said everything was fine. So I went back to the xbox and It wouldn't recognize it. Then I went to my PC and It wouldn't recognize it. I've been trying to find a solution but nothing is working and it's making me pretty mad. Could someone provide some insight or a solution for this problem. Thanks in advance.

More about : usb drive recognized

a b G Storage
November 27, 2011 2:10:46 AM

Connect your Flash Drive to PC.
Right Click on Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management
If you see your Flash Drive here with no letter assigned (like D: or E: etc) assign a letter by right clicking and it should be visible in your PC. Please try that - thanks!!!
m
l
November 27, 2011 3:53:26 AM

I tried that like a million times. It won't show up in anything. When i go to regedit in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MOUNTEDDEVICES it shows up there with a drive letter but It doesn't show up anywhere.
m
l
!