Beep BIOS on Dell XPS1330

argie01

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Hello,

I have a Dell XPS1330 with Windows XP SP3.
Two days ago the computer started to beep when I executed some actions on Windows, or e.g. when I receive an email.
The beep is generated by the BIOS and not for Windows (I unables all sounds in Windows, and I'm still getting the beep).

I'm really perplexed, since the computer is working fine, booting fine, etc. The only problem is that beep.

Thank you for your help.

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
Are U completely sure it isn't a sound event from somewhere?
Have U hooked up any hardware recentlly or made changes?

If it's not a windows sound event, it could even come from some personalization program (like a theme program) , and not being listed in Sound events in Windows. Or some other program that is running in the background doing something.
Try starting windows with only basic services, or with only basic device loaded from msconfig, to see if it does the same, or in another user.

If U really think it's the bios,and all your hardware is ok (which usually beeps on startup if there is a problem) U can try reseting it to defaults, or a flash, but that's a bit risky...

This may help, before doing anything (light and bios beeps for dell)
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dimxpsg3/sm/adtshoot.htm

:hello:

argie01

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Yes, I'm completely sure that is a beep from BIOS. And no, I didn't change any hardware for a long time now.
I have cancelled all sounds in Windows, and the beep is still there. And the problem is that isn't an standard beep of Dell, because this is just one beep, and there isn't a beep like this on Dell's documentation.