Sign in with
Your question

Are OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD - 2.5" SATA-III and MSI H55M-E23?

Last response: in Storage
November 26, 2011 10:41:56 PM

Hello,
Sorry im relatively new to computer building scene and wanted to get a SSD and found this one for cheap, but after ordering it i wasnt sure if my mother board was sata 3 compatable. So i thought id come here looking for some advice if anyone knows how compatable they are and if its even worth me getting this SSD it would be much appreciated. Incredible sorry if ive approached this in an incorrect way but have been google searching about sata types and my mother board for a while now and was advised to ask here.

Thanks in advance
Dan
a b V Motherboard
a c 523 G Storage
November 26, 2011 11:29:52 PM

The MSI H55M-E23 only has SATA II ports so you will not get maximum advertised speeds from your Agility 3, but the SSD is backward compatible, so it will work.

Maximum SATA II speeds for Agility 3 are "up to" 280 MB/s Read and 260 MB/s Write.
November 26, 2011 11:32:00 PM

Dereck47 said:
The MSI H55M-E23 only has SATA II ports so you will not get maximum advertised speeds from your Agility 3, but the SSD is backward compatible, so it will work.

Maximum SATA II speeds for Agility 3 are "up to" 280 MB/s Read and 260 MB/s Write.

bit new to the whole SSD scene is it worth me canceling the order and getting a sata II one? + do i need any other cables apart from a standard sata cable?
a b V Motherboard
a c 523 G Storage
November 26, 2011 11:37:25 PM

Stick with a SATA III drive. That way whenever you decide to upgrade your motherboard to SATA III you will get increased performance from the drive.

It's ok to use the SATA cables that come with your motherboard.
!