• SSD
  • OCZ
  • Corsair Force
  • Corsair
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
November 27, 2011 2:03:58 AM

OCZ - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Corsair - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I was wondering if anyone knew which was better out of the two in benchmarks. I ordered the Corsair Force 3, but just found the OCZ Agility 3 was on sale, so I wanted to know if it was worth returning to get the OCZ.

More about : ocz agility corsair force

a b G Storage
November 28, 2011 3:54:56 AM

IIRC.. the Force 3 uses synchronous nand and the Agy 3 uses asynchronous nand. So score one for the Corsair.

But then there's the possibility/probability that the oddball sizes are partially channeled versions of the 120GB models so that 90GB model probably won't be that much faster in the end after all.

The 90 gig models are spec'd very near the same with easily compressed data(such as ATTO uses).. but will fall short of the 120GB models when you start loading them more heavily when multitasking and using less easily compressed data(such as AS SSD would use).
m
l
November 28, 2011 4:04:45 AM

groberts101 said:
IIRC.. the Force 3 uses synchronous nand and the Agy 3 uses asynchronous nand. So score one for the Corsair.

But then there's the possibility/probability that the oddball sizes are partially channeled versions of the 120GB models so that 90GB model probably won't be that much faster in the end after all.

The 90 gig models are spec'd very near the same with easily compressed data(such as ATTO uses).. but will fall short of the 120GB models when you start loading them more heavily when multitasking and using less easily compressed data(such as AS SSD would use).

The Force 3 uses asynchronous also. The Force GT is the one that uses synchronous NAND. The Force 3 and Agility 3 are basically the same, just like the Force GT and the Vertex 3 are as well.
m
l
a b G Storage
November 28, 2011 4:06:47 AM

thanks for that... was too lazy to look at the Corsair. The rest of it still stands quite well though.
m
l
!