Sign in with
Your question

Automatically enter BIOS when power on PC? :/

Last response: in Storage
November 27, 2011 4:03:40 AM

I'm not quite sure if this would be the right spot to ask this. Hopefully I can describe this well enough for you to understand hehe. So basically when I turn on my pc America MegaTrends Logo pops up at the top left corner of my screen loads. Then stays on that pacific part saying to continue click " Delete" So I do. Then It enters me into the BIOS. Then I click Escape and Then I go to windows and everything else works fine. Is there any way to make it so i just go to windows? Instead of the BIOS first?
Thanks please reply hehe.
Ask for any more information ;) 

------------------
AMD athlon x3 455 3.30Ghz
MSI radeon 6670 1GBGD5
Biostar N6853B AM3 socket Motherboard
Kingston Hyperx Blu 6GB ram
a b G Storage
November 27, 2011 4:19:52 AM

This happened to me once but that was a pretty old motherboard. That small round (RTC) battery on motherboard went bad and everytime I powered on my PC I was entering BIOS for initial setup. I had then changed the battery and everything worked fine there after.
November 27, 2011 4:24:51 AM

Hehe Thanks for the reply but before I had Windows Vista 32Bit. it worked Fine then I got a new blank harddrive and installed Win7 on it ;)  And then now its been doing this
Related resources
a b G Storage
November 27, 2011 4:43:58 AM

Just couple of thoughts to share:
You said its a new HDD and you installed WIN 7 on it.
I know this might not make sense but now that we have a problem - how about
(a) Disconnecting and reconnecting HDD
(b) changing the boot order and save settings in BIOS - looks like something needs to be saved in BIOS
November 27, 2011 4:58:06 AM

jsmakkar said:
Just couple of thoughts to share:
You said its a new HDD and you installed WIN 7 on it.
I know this might not make sense but now that we have a problem - how about
(a) Disconnecting and reconnecting HDD
(b) changing the boot order and save settings in BIOS - looks like something needs to be saved in BIOS

Okay I disconnected and reconnected the HDD didnt fix it, sadly. :( 
I was in the Bios
I went to the Section BOOT and I clicked on Boot setup or i think it was configuration. But anyways I wrote down the things

This is what it said
-----------------
Quick Boot mode
Addrom Display
Bootup Numlock
Enable Boot Beep
Ignore Memory Error messages
As well it would say enable or disable on the side as well . ;/
a b G Storage
November 27, 2011 5:02:46 AM

One more thing we could try - do you have the latest version of BIOS. If there is a newer version available, that could also be tried.
November 27, 2011 5:06:13 AM

jsmakkar said:
One more thing we could try - do you have the latest version of BIOS. If there is a newer version available, that could also be tried.

hmm, Im not quite sure how to do that sadly ;/ Im not like Pro xD May you explain please?
a b G Storage
November 27, 2011 5:09:42 AM

When you enter BIOS, somewhere it would show the BIOS version - note that down and then go to Biostar website and check what is the latest version of BIOS they have there for your specific motherboard.
November 27, 2011 5:17:18 AM

jsmakkar said:
When you enter BIOS, somewhere it would show the BIOS version - note that down and then go to Biostar website and check what is the latest version of BIOS they have there for your specific motherboard.

Okay I went to BIOS im guessing at the top of the screen it Says N68SC-M35 would that be it?
November 27, 2011 5:45:16 AM

jsmakkar said:
I can't open Biostar website for some reasons; You may try http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/support/download.p... select your Motherboard model and check the BIOS version plz!!

I was in bios just recently, and AMIbios Version :08:00.15 said that was the version
I checked The site and I Found it but then it GoogleChrome gets an Error saying Oops Cannot find that app!
This is such a pain, I wish I can just download somthing to make it work lol :(  :(  :( 
a b G Storage
November 27, 2011 5:47:41 AM

I wish that too and want this small issue be fixed :) 
November 27, 2011 5:49:31 AM

jsmakkar said:
I wish that too and want this small issue be fixed :) 

Hmm, I wonder why this occured when I install Windows 7 Hm
a b G Storage
November 27, 2011 5:53:33 AM

I wonder would it be worthwhile reinstalling windows even though I don't have any reason that supports a reinstall or lets wait for some expert to help :) 
November 27, 2011 5:57:15 AM

jsmakkar said:
I wonder would it be worthwhile reinstalling windows even though I don't have any reason that supports a reinstall or lets wait for some expert to help :) 

hehe yeah Im trying everything as possible. Its 2:55AM here xD I can somewhat remember what happens when i turn the PC on says America Megatrends ETC S.M.A.R.T HDD (or somthing) Status BAD SATA 3
click DEL to continue Then it enters me to BIOS
!