andrewbuki

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hi, I am building a new PC and this time I really want to have a GLOSSY SCREEN I know HP 2509m, but I'd rally like to have a slim LED kind - if anyone could suggest something I'd deeply appreciate it.

andrewbuki

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Sorry, fella, don't mean to be rude, just so frustrated with damn research, but those 2 u recom'ed got mate screen. And I am fed up with mate screen and especially samsung. never buy anything from Samsung again. They're crap. Even if mate screen'd have 1000000000000000000000000000:1 contrast ratio - the colors sucks and never as vibrant as on glossy panels.
I respect dell monitors, but I want a slim GLOSSY screen this time and I don't give a damn about reflections, 'cause unlike some people I do have the blinds on my windows. Budget - $250 - $350. 400 - if I fall in love with it.
tnx anyway.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I am not sure why you aren't very fond of Samsung seeing as they supply the technology/panels for a lot of manufacturers, however as far as glossy screens go they tend to run the majority favorite. Your dissatisfaction with the color depth is less about the brand name and more about the fact that matte screens, regardless of vendor, will not have the same color range as a glossy screen. The tradeoff, obviously comes in the form of glare, and possibly other factors as you know.

The screen you listed is 25" so I tried to find you something around there; I'd recommend taking a look at:

SAMSUNG 2494HM Glossy Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 50000:1 (1000:1) Built in Speakers - Retail ** fixed URL

andrewbuki

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I had samsung for 2 years (SyncMaster 220wm) -
(1) unlike other monitors (Dell, HP...) Samsung hurts my eyes. I tried everything - only if to use a VGA connection instead of DVI it gets a bit more merciful....
(2) The colors are 3 out of 5+ washed out....
(3) Blinking power button is so disturbing at night - you have to physically turn it off... or it's just another punishment - like Hannibal Lecter sufferd in his padded cell with noisless TV on at night time....
(4) 46-50 watt of energy consumption.
Dell back those days were much more efficient. (Never trust an energy star sign - read specs first - lesson I took). Samsung monitors is a complete crap and I don't think I'll give that brand 2nd shot in near future.
The glossy HPs 2 years ago were awfuly expensive ($300-350 for 21-22 inches)... dell 19 was like 230, And Samsung 22 was 249... now see my mistake...
Still, because of the lack of choice in the present I will check that Samsung you recom'ed, but there is no way I'll buy it on line. I have to see it somewhere first.
Thanks so much for your time anyway.