Intel Core i7-2600
ASUS Maximus IV GENEZ-Z
8GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws
Thermaltake Armor A90
Xilence Power 700 Watt
Gainward GeForce GTX 560, 2GB
and
x2 Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D 1TB SATA 6GB's

but the memory is so pricey. I am paying 250 euro for 2TB. my brother bought a PC from the same place and 2TB cost him
60 euro. should i buy now? or should I wait until the prices go dawn (if they ever do)

i would really appreciate help

im buying from http://www2.hardwareversand.de
and the pc is costing me 1125 euro

gnxela

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
would external hard drives be cheaper? if so i might get a 500GB and then get a 1.5TB external. i do wont the 2TB. im planning to do a lot with this

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
consider the cheaper i5 2500k which does equally well in gaming as i7.
if you want to get the i7 then consider unlocked i7 2700k version which is well worth the extra cost.

gnxela

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

is there any point if i dont overclock it?

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
the exact same point as getting ASUS Maximus IV GENEZ-Z and not overclocking. You could have got a cheaper h67 board that does the same job without the overclocking part. It is just that you are already paying premium for the motherboard to have OC capability, it don't make sense to not use it.

gnxela

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

if i overclock would i have to get extra cooling then?

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
you can always add better cooler later, when you overclock

Yes external are cheaper right now, but not by much when you have to get a small 500gb internal harddrive that cost 90 (so on average would be 120/Tb),
for internal drive the 1TB (130/Tb) one appear to be the cheapest right now. You can always add more internal drive later as well.
http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=52081&agid=1342
http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=42805&agid=1342

gnxela

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

thanks, but i found a cheap 2TB on the site, ill link you.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=40725&agid=1283

the i5 2500K is a great OC (less heat due to no hyper threading). If you are not OCing then get the non-K version and save a few bucks. An aftermarket cooler is not really necessary unless you are 1) doing a major OC (more than 300MHz), or 2) you want something quieter than the stock fan (or want something ugly and flashey). The hyper 212 is a great cooler that I plan on getting down the line to replace my Zalman. It is cheap, quiet, and works as well as entry level water cooling solutions. It's not as pretty as an all copper zalman, but really looks dont matter that much so long as things are simple, clean, and quiet.

HDDs are super expensive, but as others have said, the prices will slowly go back down over the next 6-8 months. 2TB is a HUGE amount of space. I do video editing, in HD, and 2 1TB is more than enough space for even large projects (camera shoots in AVCHD). If you are editing in an uncompressed format then 2TB will not be nearly enough... but nobody does that anymore. Now, 2TB may not be large enough to do a large movie collection, but that project can wait for a bit and save a lot of money. Also Hatachi Deskstars have improved over the old IBM "Deathstars", but I would still go with a different brand. Look into Samsung F series, or Seagate (I love Seagate, and have a 6 year old 1TB drive which is still running strong. But read reviews as they have had a few flop products over the years).

Why the 2GB version of the 560? 1GB is plenty for video games unless you are doing over 1080p, and multi-monitor setups, in both cases you would want something more than a 560 anyways. You dont even need the 2TB version for video editing. Also, the new 560ti that is coming out 'before christmas' is supposedly going to be as fast as the 570, which is worth considering (I love my 570 OC :) ). The only other reason to get the 2GB version would be to do some big Maya or other 3D content creation projects, but even then we are talking about a situation where you should really be buying a Quadro card anyways.

Lastly, 700W is way overkill for that setup, and barely enough for SLi. If doing a single card setup then 600-650W is plenty, even if OCing. If doing a duel card setup I would suggest getting a 750W to be on the safe side.

Even without my advice it looks like a fun solid rig! I hope you enjoy it!