Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DIY waterblock for HD7850

Last response: in Overclocking
June 21, 2012 8:09:59 PM

Hi,

First of all I'm sorry for my english.

I've asked my friend to make for me waterblock for Sapphire hd7850. I haven't got card jet. I'm going to buy it for about 2 weeks but I want to have waterblock earlier. I need to know if GPU and memory are on the same level? I mean, have GPU and memory got the same hight? And second thing - could you give me some dimensions I need to know to make this block? For example, what is a spacing between holes in which original cooler is mounted? What is size of GPU? etc.

I really thank anyone who help me and give answer I'm looking for.

More about : diy waterblock hd7850

Best solution

a c 100 K Overclocking
June 21, 2012 9:12:10 PM

To make it properly you will most likely need to wait to have the actual card in hand, with a pair of calipers, and take your own measurements.

You should be able to find some general specs online, but I doubt it will be exactly what you need to make it right.
a c 330 K Overclocking
June 22, 2012 1:47:51 AM

You'd need an engineering spec in order to be anywhere close, but that likely wouldn't give you anything more than length/width and screw spacing...not necessarily various block milling depths.

Agree with wolfram on this.
Score
June 22, 2012 12:59:18 PM

If you're going to make a full cover block, have fun finding a CNC mill and an engineer to replicate the designs.
Score
June 22, 2012 2:04:59 PM

Sapphire hd7850's PCB is exactly the same in all copies of these cards. I need to know right measurements to make waterblock which will match to the card. Can I get a technical documentation of this card? Is it possible?
Score
a c 330 K Overclocking
June 22, 2012 2:30:32 PM

I doubt you would for the card- you might be able to find a tech/engineering layout from a block manufacturer on their site...but I wouldn't be surprised if you can't. These companies wouldn't want someone capitalizing on their work efforts by taking their specs and simply punching the numbers into a mill to generate a replica of the blocks they are selling.
Score
June 29, 2012 8:49:37 AM

Best answer selected by ducker.
Score
a c 330 K Overclocking
June 29, 2012 2:06:54 PM

This topic has been closed by Rubix_1011
Score
!