Sign in with
Your question

OS gone? Boot Agent?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 7, 2010 2:48:45 PM

Hello,
Thanks for any help...
I am about to put a new chip (Q9650) in my Asus Maximus II. I thought I might get the latest BIOS as mine was 5.03 and they are up to 23.02 or something.
After I was done I rebvooted to find I forgot to change my drive designation to RAID0 and the computer said "no OS found". I rebooted went to BIOS and set it to RAID 0 and now it says "boot agent - no boot file ...? or somethng like that.
Is my boot drive toast (I mean will I need to reload Vista 64?)

More about : boot agent

July 7, 2010 11:26:51 PM

Sorry, it was BOOTMGR is Missing!!!!
not Boot Agent

Any thoughts
July 8, 2010 1:56:12 AM

Boot off the Windows Vista DVD and then click Next at the first prompt, then you should see a link in the lower left-hand side for ''Repair your computer''. The installation process will attempt to find your Vista installation directory. If there’s more than one in the list, select the correct one and then use the Next button again. Click the first link for ''Startup Repair''. The installation process will repair the system, and then prompt for you to reboot.
July 8, 2010 3:32:04 PM

KewiinG
Thanks for the reply.
I was trying to keep my explanation of the problem short.
I did some research (searching posts) and found a similar problem in which a guy casually mentioned that another guys available HD were not in the proper order of availability in the BIOS. This rang a bell and I reordered mine and Poof!!! my computer booted with no drama.

Thanks
Scott
!