My Latest System, Because of Tom's Hardware!!!

dAttitude

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Hi Guys,
i am posting here, just say thanks (AND OF COURSE A FEW QUERIES ... HEHEH) and of course i am sorry that i am posting the same things again, because in my last post, it seems thats the questions are being missed out. so in this post apart from displaying my system, i will be highlighting a few of my queries as well.

i will have to divide the post into 3 posts as the post doesnt seem to be displaying all the images otherwise. (ALSO) i am modifying the image size so you guys dont have to wait for a long time for all the images to load(which i noticed later ... sorry, my bad!)

Please Be Patient and read the post (if you have time that is :))

Original Post: $700 3D & Graphics Machine

FIRST OF ALL, Thank You so very much for all your help and support. Viper, Thanks so much man, though i was so much inclined towards i7, the actual market price at the time of purchase was way too high and i had to settle for i5 also, i couldn't find a board which was actually suggested with i5 from Asus, i had to pick up the board which i could find at that time and as i had done a bit of research on the same i think its a good board (though i am sure you guys will tell me how it is and did i take the right decision or not.)

so the final configuration of the Machine is
- Intel i5 750 2.66 GHz Processor
- Cooler Master TX 300/360 CPU Cooling System
- Gigabyte P55-UD3R Motherboard
- Corsair VX450W Power Supply Unit
- XFX ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB DDR5 GPU
- GSkill RipJaws 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
- Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet
- Samsung 160GB 7200 RPM HDD (Old HDD which i already had, will buy the WD Black or Green a little later, running on a shoestring finances these days ;) )
- Old Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Set
- Old DVD Writer
- Old Sony Bravia 32" D Series (only 1360 x 768 resolution, is there anyway to update the firmware and increase the resolution ???? hehehhe just taking a chance;))
- 5.14 Creative Speaker System (i wanna buy a decent sound system later ... but for now i am quite happy with this one. i will keep the budget of about $100 or may be $120 for the sound system a little later, any suggestions on that???)

so yeah, i have finished building the Box and i am ready to rumble ... heheh
sorry for the delay in reply guys, was trying to get things in order and installation n etc ...

but now that i have got the system running with a Microsoft windows7 beta [testing versions which were released by MS, so i am not sure if everything works properly on it or not but i have been using it for a while now and there were only few BSoD, but i figured that it was because of my hardware mainly not Windows!]

so here are a few pictures of the system built (i am damn sure i have made some stupid mistake with CPU cooling, but if you can tell me what i can do and whether its right or wrong how i have installed it, that will be great guys.)

The Motherboard at the shop while buying ... Curtain Raiser!
192.jpg

193.jpg

195.jpg

The Power Supply: Corsair VX450W ... Curtain Raiser!
197.jpg

The Power Supply: Corsair VX450W Clean and BLACK ... Curtain Raiser!
198.jpg

The CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 ... Curtain Raiser!
199.jpg

200.jpg

202.jpg

The Memory: GSkill RipJaws 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Pack ... Curtain Raiser!
203.jpg

THE MACHINE
The Machine ... First Glance
206.jpg

to be continued ....
Thanks A Lot Guys

dAttitude

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Continue ...

The Machine ... First Glance
207.jpg

The Machine ... Closer Look
208.jpg

NOTE: I am sure you would notice the absolute wrong placement of the CPU Cooler (i think its absolutely wrong as the air is being pushed/Pulled out directly onto the back of the card) but i dont know how to place it anywhere else as if you turn it anticlockwise than it will reside over the memory slots and there is no place on the other side ... i guess this one thing has been chosen wrongly (i would partly blame the dealer and partly to the motherboard make Gigabyte... Seller because he gave me this one instead of the earlier decided Hyper N520 and Gigabyte because they should have thought over the Issue in such a highend/high priced board) [Any suggestions are welcome guys!!!]

A Few Shots
210.jpg

A Few Shots
213.jpg

A Few Shots
214.jpg

A Few Shots
217.jpg

Note: the dealer give me one more shiny fan it has 4 coloured lights so i installed them. you will see it in later picture.

A Few Shots
218.jpg

Lights Camera Action ........ :bounce:

Thanks A Lot Guys

dAttitude

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Ok Another thing i wanted to talk to you guys about is that i have noticed some uneven things while i run a few utilities which came along with the motherboard and also downloaded from the net and they show a few points which are not understandable by me so it will be a great help if you experts can decode the same for me please.

Also, I have noticed that my system is taking a bit of jerks sometimes while a few installations are going on (mainly i noticed it while installing iTunes 9.02 x64) and the mouse cursor would work with pauses inbetween while the installation process is going on in the bg. (i find it difficult to digest as the system has 4 cores right? shouldnt it be multitasking expert? or i am missing something here?)

ONE LAST THING GUYS :)
lately i have been looking through the internet, and everywher it says that 5870 is the first DirectX 11 Graphic Card. in that case? why does XFX HD 5750 (my card) says it is directX 11 Capable/Compatible?

PLEASE TELL ME THE MISTAKES I HAVE DONE in my purchase or system configurations. it will be a lot helpful! And if you guys can sggest me the BIOS Configuration for my system, it will be more than some generic help as i am very scared to touch the BIOS (since birth .. hehehe) should i even be upgrading the BIOS myself? should i install the utility which came with the mobo, for BIOS updates from the internet? (i know its stupid of me to ask especially when i have been in computers from last 15 years and still asking a novice question ..... :-| Sorry!)

CPU Details on CPU-Z & EasyTune 6 (which came with gigabyte mobo)
CPU_Details.jpg

NOTE: i hope everything is ok here ... :)

Motherboard Details on CPU-Z & EasyTune 6
CPU-Z_Mainboard.jpg

NOTE: i hope everything is ok here ... :)

Memory Module 1 Details on CPU-Z & EasyTune 6
Memory1_Details.jpg

Memory2_Details.jpg

NOTE: Here you will notice that i have marked a few areas with .1 .2 .3 red markings. the reason is that i really dont understand and have few dounts.

.1 :
- What is NB Frequency (Norhtbridge?) and do i need to know anything about it?
- is DRAM Frequency is the RAM Speed? i have purchased RAM witht he 1600MHz speed, why showing 666MHz??? if it is the RAM Clock Speed?? (i know you should think i am worst than a novice but thats just me, as people say, half knowledge is worst than no knowledge ... ;) )

- as you can notice it on the box i have purchased RAM of DDR3 1600 PC3 12800 but in the results its showing PC3 10700G (667MHz) whats wrong??? i have not touched the BIOS yet. are default settings in BIOS set to a very low values??? i am not much of a BIOS person and even till date i am scared to update BIOS fearing the corruption of motherboard or something wrong may happen. so i have not been through the BIOS except for making the DVD Drive my primary boot device. please help ...

what are these values??? should they differ in both the modules???? i thought it was 9-9-9-24 if we are looking at the latency!

QuickBoost.jpg

NOTE: Should i play around with this thing??? i am just paranoid for now (or in a decent sense, a little overcautious right now. its a brand new computer u see ... hehheh)

SMART.jpg

NOTE: What is this thing??? any idea anyone ????

HardwareMonitor.jpg

NOTE: well guys, i had a couple of questions ... what should be the ideal CPU temperature at a high task? like graphic or publishing software designing and 3D application workload? i dont shut off my pc for a long time and i mean days at a stretch and not just hours and many times it keeps rendering stuff and or other activities and i am sure it increases the CPU temp. so what should we be looking at? and if with no activity at all (there is nothing else on the comp right now apart from windows. no activity what so ever) the temp is at 42/43 (as you can see in the image) do you think its normal or its not good?

PowerSaver.jpg

NOTE: Should i activate this utility? i havent done it yet as i am not sure and i dont like my pc going into hibernate or sleep mode because many of the times when its idle, it keeps doing some or the other task, if its idle, its wouldnt be switched on (i would rather save electricity right .... :))

WELL THTS ALL FOR NOW!!!
i will keep you posted of anything thats new or happening .... ;)
Thanks for all your help guys! i am very happy ...

BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE OR NOT WITH MY HARDWARE!

Thanks a BILLION :D
dAttitude ...!