Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading Sys graphics with ATI & NVIDIA combo

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 18, 2009 4:57:21 PM

I am looking to add a Nvidia card with decent Physx potential to my system. I only run one monitor(at 1280x1024) and I have a Sapphire 1GB 4850 OC'ed to 700/1050 extremely stable. I do not have any more power connectors so that is a limit as is my budget(no more then $90). I am not really expecting many options but if you have any that would very much appreciated.

I know that one can combine ATI and NVIDIA on the same sys so please dont just post that it cant be done.

Other things to suggest might be what I can do to make the idea work(ie. telling me that it wont work with my 4850 but if a get I 5770 it can, or there are no options worth your time without upgrading your PSU too)

Thank you VERY much guys I have looked around a little and was wondering what your suggestions are one and all.

Have a nice holiday too ppl. Dont spend too much!
December 18, 2009 9:17:33 PM

I have looked around and I may be able to use a 9800GT since it has the alternate power connectors and its not much above my target range. My goal is to both increase my performance AND add PhysX to my system though. Does that mean I shoud get a faster card or would the 9800GT be enough?

Thank you all.
m
l
December 19, 2009 12:34:51 AM

Thank you very much I have a question though: is it possible to use a Nvidia card in a SLI/CF mode and have it run all the PhysX stuff?

I would go as high as a GTS250 if it meant I could improve FPS as well as run PhysX possibly go without eating for a week or so to go higher. :p 
m
l
Related resources
!