Sign in with
Your question

Seeing multiple displays, can't install vista. windows 7 working.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 18, 2009 7:52:12 PM

Seeing multiple displays, can't install vista. laptop broken?
When I boot up my HP dv9500 laptop, i get 4 duplicate displays horizontally, ie. 4 displays one on top of each other. on my screen this starts when i boot the computer even on the HP logo. there are black lines inbetween each display almost like if you were playing multiplayer on an Xbox or PS2 system, stead all 4 are one on top of each other non scaled. this happens sometimes, but sometimes i get 1 display but there neon dots all over the screen? The computer lets me install windows but once it restarts after installing Vista, i get a blank blue screen. Can this be a problem with the Video card, HD, Ram, or CPU? is there a way to test all these through the bios? thanks.

Update: I have now installed windows 7 and it works well, but i still "sometimes" get the 4 duplicate screens. When i don't get the duplicate screens i get several lines going vertically that kind of change colors according to wallpaper. I've installed the latest video drivers, yet the computer won't let me set up multiple displays?

Thanks
a c 1372 U Graphics card
December 18, 2009 10:59:46 PM

Have you spoken to HP customer support. It sounds like a hardware failure.
m
l
Related resources
!