Replace onboard graphics

bonethrack

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
so i replaced my onboard graphics i went to device manager right clicked my onboard and clicked disable then proceeded to install the card i checked device manager again and the onboard was gone then i went to that new rating pc thing with windows 7 and made it rerate the computer and my score (which was terrible to begin with) 2.3 dropped to a 2.0 is it possible that the video card is worse than my onboard? and where did the onboard go in device manager? the card is a radeon X600

nyczwillz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
if your into high graphics demanding games, you should really invest maybe 50-70 on a 8600GT or 9600GT, or even a 8800GT if you can find it for cheap. it will totally be worth it. the shaders are important so your images look more defined i think and will make less lag..

bonethrack

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
well im just gonna try the game out to find out cause im broke right now the card is from an old computer figured any graphics card is better than onboard

EDIT: well *** it is worse wont even load the game without 3.0 graphic guess ill wait for christmas for some money to get a good card or not play COD for a while