Excellent temps on 3570, 60c prime on air! Want to go higher than 4.4G

dannykebab

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Hi guys I've been overclocking my 3570 and so far its performed really well, after reseating my heatsink I now get temps of 60c in Prime and 70c in IBT on the high setting. 1.248v has been the sweet spot and keeps everything nice and stable but past 4.4 everything starts requiring a whole lot more voltage and I was wondering if there may be some other setting such as PLL voltage that is holding me back. Below is my setup and setting can you guys please take a look and give me some advice?

Gigabyte z77x-D3H
Gelid Tranquilo Rev.2 with MX-4 thermal paste
Samsung green 8gb ram

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2549/42auto.jpg

I have all power saving options disabled including turbo boost EXCEPT for C1E which enables my cpu to drop down to 1.6ghz for general use and ramp up to 4.4ghz when required as well as the appropriate voltage. I have CPU PLL set to 1.7.

And basically everything else is set to auto, so is there any other options i should be playing with beside the Vcore to give my 3570 more stability at 4.5ghz and beyond?

Cheers guys
Dan

I think that is the nature of the beast.

Of course your particular sample may be better or worse than average.
Ivy bridge gets very hot when high voltage is applied. Or, at least the heat is more concentrated because of the smaller 22nm construction, and the technique Intel used to connect the top heat plate.

I think you are about as good as you will get without doing something crazy.

My advice... just enjoy what you have. How much better than 4.4 do you really need?