Sign in with
Your question

Not able to boot directly into windows Xp

Last response: in Windows XP
July 4, 2012 8:57:39 PM

Hi Friends,

I am not able to boot directly into windows XP, everytime when I try I get "Invalid operating system". However, by first booting with Hiren Recovery CD and then from HirenCD menu I have to select "Boot From System". Please suggest what can rectify this. Thanks in advance.

Please note windows XP installation is new hence there are less chances of any corruption with operating system.

More about : boot directly windows

July 5, 2012 5:46:32 PM

Reload the operating system. Make sure you are using a genuine disc not a burn or copied disc. Make sure that it is the correct version that matches your COA license number. The only fix for this is a reload.
m
l
July 11, 2012 12:15:03 AM

penguintech said:
Reload the operating system. Make sure you are using a genuine disc not a burn or copied disc. Make sure that it is the correct version that matches your COA license number. The only fix for this is a reload.

thanks for your reply...but problem was with the partition table. it seems that I had two different partition table and one of them was corrupted. When you have more than partition table and one get corrupts it happens. I did lots of research and get into the conclusion. :bounce:  I am happy that despite of not having any backup I successfully recovered my system from so seem graveyard :kaola:  hehehe :hello:  :sol: 
m
l
July 11, 2012 6:41:28 AM

Please check your boot option first according to me the first option should be "boot from cd" make sure your boot option is right. After that boot your cd may be you will not any problem in this :sol: 
m
l
!