yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
shouldn't my i7 920 be able to download + install program + windows media player video watch of course + Internet explore
go smoothly and not lag while doing all these things at once??
i feel my old intel core 2 E6600 Processor handles things like this more smoothly than my i7 what gives??

i did fresh installation of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit updated

my specs:
BUNDLE: None
BLUETOOTH: None
CD: LG 22X DVD+/-/+/-RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
CAS: CoolerMaster Elite 310 Mid-Tower Case with See-Thru Side Panel (Silver Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CS_FAN: Default case fans
CPU: Intel(R) CoreT i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
FAN: XtremeGear Ultra Triple Heatpipes Cool Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) [-11]
FREEBIE_RM: None
FA_HDD: None
FLASHMEDIA: None
FLOPPY: None
HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MODEM: None
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel X58 Chipset CrossFireX/SLI Support LGA1366 DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [-2]
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+69] (Corsair or Major Brand)
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts Power Supplies [+26] (XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply)
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [+154] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
VC_PHYSX: None
VC_GAMES: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+1015)
_view_: d
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBTOTAL $1,015.00
Sales Tax (N/A) $0.00
Shipping: UPS 3 Day $85.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAND TOTAL $1,100.

yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

yeah..i pretty much install the cd drivers for the motherboard
done microsoft windows updates

my system properties says i7 920 2.67GHz 2.79 GHz
6 GB Ram installed

i done everything i can think of and did the run dxdiag and it says that i have direx 11

yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

yeah.. i downloaded that too from ati.com i think i should take it to computer store to get it check out??
if there's 10 pictures with 10 downlod files

my web browser says on bottom of the page 10 items remaining downloading from http:///address.com/name.jpb

and this page for example says Error on page

yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

OEM?? where can i find that?? sorry i dont know much about bios updates and oem stuff regarding motherboards

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

hi
what the above person meant was that go to the website of and download latest drivers for all for system's hardware. the drivers that come with the hardware are always outdated even if u buy an ati radeon 5970, which is a new model, u will still get drivers that are not the latest. hope i helped.

yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

WTF.. i left my computer running all night woke up tried to shut down computer and it wouldn't shut down it was beign non responsive
jeeze man im getting fed up maybe i should get it returned

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
If you have a clean install, then yes, your system should be perfectly capable of handling that at once.

Always download the newest drivers from the site of the manufacturer of the motherboard, video card, sound card and any other component in your system.

Out of interest, do you have a link for that CPU cooler of yours? And could you do some temp readings (just use HWMonitor) in idle and stressed with Prime95 and report back?

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

Make sure that your ram latencies and voltage is set correctly in BIOS.

yunggeh

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

i'll try to use the prim55 and then try to see how this goes over the weekend but if things dont get better i'll leave it at comp store to see what the issues are and if by then it dont feel right i think imma try to get a refund and return this crap comp

I make it a hard practice NEVER to let Windows Update install and "optional" updates. I run WU and get essential (OS) updates and install them. R=Then I run WU and let it check for any driver updates, write down the results but don't install. I then pull drivers off manufacturer web sites .... kids, family, friends, employees using WU optional updates has led to more OS re-installs than i care to count.